should we conform? transformers

so new transformers comes out this month and this probably wont be news for you but bumblebee is a datsun 510 at some point in the movie. maybe the entire movie? well is it a good idea to go watch this? might hurt us datsun junkies feelings ... I have a feeling they will depict the little old Datsun as a junker, might even wreck a 510 in the movie :( :( :( ...

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go watch it.

Camaro guys probably thought the same thing. Who cares if they depict it as a junker? All that matters is that WE enjoy our own Datsuns. If they make Datsuns look like crap, that only leaves more for the rest of us! laugh.gif

I have not seen a single "Bumblebee" Datsun action figure in the stores yet.

And IF they do end up depicting a 510 in the movie, piece of junk or not, Takumi tax will take place.

Could be a sad day for any real enthusiast trying to find himself a Dime.

There was a bumblebee 510 at JCCS last year, not sure if the guy painted it yellow and called it that or if he knew what it would look like in the movie. It looked good though

I know the guy. His 510 has been yellow and his accents were black prior to the movie...although he has seriously embraced the new found fame and the extra attention his car has been receiving.

I really don't care how the car gets depicted in the movie. I'm going to see it just for the 510. I really hope they do make some 510 transformers toys, highly unlikely, but a boy can dream.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't help but laugh at how they portrayed it. At least it won't create a rush of jackasses looking to get one though :D

Thankful for small miracles there.......there are certain people I know, whom show interest in getting a datsun, and I just tell them what a pos they are....there are many who shouldn't be owners lol. I'm gonna go see it tonight, should be good.

I just find it funny the car never started when he wanted it to, when we all know a l series not starting is almost imposible lol. If you cant get a l series to start your doing it wrong, just like bay doing movies is doing it wrong.

• Like 1

Yep after seeing the movie last night, I think we can all be safe that there won't be tons of bumblebee 510s running around.

But like said above, even though it was referred to as a POS in the movie, Sam defended it and called it a "collector's item". And it didn't get completely smashed in the movie.

Regardless, it was cool to see a Datsun 510 in the movie. We still love them, while many still regard them as junk. All in all, it was a fun movie and nothing has changed. I'm good with that. :D

They really called it a POS and smashed it?

Everyone who has seen my car has called it badass, classic, bitchin, ect. Yet this is how they depict the 4-door? lol?

Movie is not worth seeing. I am a fan of transformers, and I'd just rather not give them my money.

i think it is a very accurate portrayal of datsun in the classic car scene. everyone thinks they are shit and worthless, but their owners defend them to the grave:cool:

I heard somewhere that you could build a complete '67 Camaro totally from the gound up with after market parts like from Year One, Summet, Jeggs etc.. How would you like to own a 'classic' made from the sum of all these re-pop parts??? How shit and worthless would the 510 be if you could do this with them??? Be thankful that they are considered this way.