Green Booger

Heres the 620 that I bought in early May. Its a '73 Datsun 620 that was built in the early 80's. I traveled 900 miles round trip and 16 hrs of driving. This was listed on craigs in the tri-cities area. It was listed twice. The day after the BBQ in Vancouver, I called and basically bought it site unseen. Two other buyers were suppose to look at it that day but the owner held out for me. Sorry guys if your on here.

Its running an L16 with an a87 head. Not sure if its a peanut head. Suppose to have forged Alum. Domed top pistons, race cam, sodium filled valves and running dual 40. It also has aftermarket ignition system Have to run 110 octane. Anyways....

I just let the picture talk for themselfs. Dont have immeditate plans for her yet. Got to worry about moving...

What it looked like when I got home:

p_002.jpg

p_003.jpg

p_004.jpg

p_005.jpg

p_006.jpg

p_007.jpg

p_008.jpg

p_011.jpg

All washed up for Canby:

p_009.jpg

p_010.jpg

Some pics at Canby:

p_013.jpg

p_014.jpg

Makes it look like it was pic was taken in the 70's

p_012.jpg

I got a couple more but some reason they didnt transfer from my phone.

Larry

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha.

I still love this truck. I think my brother would piddle some if he saw it... he's wanted a Datsun pickup forever now.

You should totally rip it apart and see what that L16 has to work with...

Beautiful truck! I cant wait to see what you do to it to make it better! It seriously looks mean. Once you are able to make it stop, you will have to tell us how strong that engine is.

lol @ the towel comment.

My DA 325 spoiler will fit that kit!!!! :D

I was waiting for you to chime in. I am sure you already have a PM chat going on about this beauty/beast. I drooled when he first showed me.

Im not sure about adding the front spoiler, kind of liking it with out. The only thing im thinking about changing is the engine and engine compartment. Also upgrading the brake system. Replace the fenders. Its all up in the air for now.

Larry

Thats because i'm extra special..

bbgbill, its what I wanted to do to my first 620 back in '89. Every time my dad got his JC Whitneys book, I'd make lists of everything I wanted to do my 620. During the show at Canby, I'd ease drop on alot of elderly people talk about "back in the day" memories. Glad it brought smiles and memories...

Larry

• 4 months later...

Here is My exact same carb setup:

Choptanaengine.jpg

These were taken off of Wasserman's Wonder and placed on My chopped truck, Choptana. The airfilters origionally were oval foam units. I found these on Ebay and painted them red with red foam inside. I totally love this setup however it is 'heavy" on the foot/ankle after a few hours/miles.

• 7 months later...