610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to own a '76 610 wagon, a dark metallic green faux woody no less. I loved that car

for taking road trips in, but it was so rusted out on the sides that the rear fenderwells were

just gone, as in they no longer existed. It kept passing inspection because of something to do

with the inspector (from an unspecified country known for bribery) adjusting the headlights

for an extra nine bucks :sneaky: I had to write it off when the gas tank sprang a leak. It ran

great, still had low mileage but was totally unrestorable. The automatic L20b I have FS came

from that car.

For someone else, I once swapped an L20b into a rather nice '73 610 wagon. I thought the

'73 only grille styling was really handsome and it was all around in very nice condition. I've

never seen another '73 610 since, and I haven't seen any 610's here at all for about 15 years.

cant blame ya there but the 4 door is a hair lighter

A hair lighter? Try 150 pounds...

And thats why my date to the Ratsun Prom can still fit in her beautiful blue dress... ;)

has anyone seen this car in person? or one like it? that is a bad ass 610!

I have been in the presence of one RHD 180B. It was an Aussie import. (Oddly, same color as yours...)

I have never seen the Bosch Fuel Injection setup for the 4-banger L-Series. That would be a first.

Its a '74, but the instrumentation is waaaay different from the setup we have, or even the AU or UK style. The JDM was an altogether different animal.

Admittedly, that car is about as bad ass as you could get for a 610/180B/Bluebird style car, hands down.

I have been in the presence of one RHD 180B. It was an Aussie import. (Oddly, same color as yours...)

I have never seen the Bosch Fuel Injection setup for the 4-banger L-Series. That would be a first.

Its a '74, but the instrumentation is waaaay different from the setup we have, or even the AU or UK style. The JDM was an altogether different animal.

Admittedly, that car is about as bad ass as you could get for a 610/180B/Bluebird style car, hands down.

no shit, that thing is bad ass. i'd consider selling off my least helpful children for starters!

Now don't go selling off kidneys and/or children. Be advised, the bugger is Japanese, and in its truest form. I would rather have a 180B over a Bluebird any day of the week. Parts are easier to find, could you imagine needing something for the FI should it need it. Remember, this thread needs to see the basics:

610: (What we know and love)...Downdraft Hitachi, L-Series motor, little bits of frills and whatnot on the interior. Basic as it gets

180B: (Chime in Aussies, you have it better, really...)...SUs stock, L-Series motor, more trim levels than the US spec, parts we didn't get like SSS dashboard, overhead console, parcel shelves for both sides, and of course Right Hand Drive.

Bluebird: (I could only wish...)...FI of the Bosch variety, L-Series motor, way more advanced trim options. Imagine blowing the tach on that? Modding the paint to another color? I couldn't live with myself. That car needs to stay stock, no matter what, which really kills the modification factor. No thanks... <_<

Now don't go selling off kidneys and/or children. Be advised, the bugger is Japanese, and in its truest form. I would rather have a 180B over a Bluebird any day of the week. Parts are easier to find, could you imagine needing something for the FI should it need it. Remember, this thread needs to see the basics:

610: (What we know and love)...Downdraft Hitachi, L-Series motor, little bits of frills and whatnot on the interior. Basic as it gets

180B: (Chime in Aussies, you have it better, really...)...SUs stock, L-Series motor, more trim levels than the US spec, parts we didn't get like SSS dashboard, overhead console, parcel shelves for both sides, and of course Right Hand Drive.

Bluebird: (I could only wish...)...FI of the Bosch variety, L-Series motor, way more advanced trim options. Imagine blowing the tach on that? Modding the paint to another color? I couldn't live with myself. That car needs to stay stock, no matter what, which really kills the modification factor. No thanks... <_<

doesnt kill the mod factor for me pull everything from the head up off of the l16 that is there and put it ontop of an l20b run slightly bigger injectors (aftermarket or possibly zx injectors) coil overs and decent wheels and call it done still stock for the most part and everything reversable to the stock point

am new here... just want to share a pic of my car...26764_392287217148_550537148_4097045_2686684_n.jpg

this is a 1977 model, and is my daily driver since the late 90's. just had it restored, and after a year I finally got it back. this car still has the original L18 engine, although the only thing left original inside the engine bay is the engine block, head, and its contents. i changed the carb to a weber 34 DGEC, which proved to be hard to tune. until now I am having problems with the carb, it either delivering a lot of power with a lot of smoke, or a clean tailpipe with barely having any power at all. even though i am comtemplating on changing engines (a SR20 or VG20 comes to mind), my gut fell tells me to stick with the original engine. but i may have to change the carb to a solex in the near future, if i get my hands on one.

this is actually still a work in progress, as all old school cars are. but judging from the reactions i get from the people who see the car, it is a job well done.

• Like 1

about the restoration the car went through, well...

i couldn't find marker lights at the front here in our country, so rather than leaving the lights there without the lenses, we decided to replace them with something similar to the mold. i had the front and rear bumpers rechromed, and other chrome bits fabricated. due to budgetary constraints i have to have the running board chrome parts fabricated some other time. i replaced the 13 inchers i have there initially to 15's, and on that picture i have a set of 15x7 ats rims for show. but my real set are work ewing mesh 15x7's. i didn't bother lowering the stance because of the number of speedbumps and potholes here.

i have changed the front seats to recaros, but still maintainted the rears. i have to have the ceiling upholstery changed, though, because the white ceiling doesn't really match the stock brown interior. the gauges still work, save for the speedometer, for which i still have to find a suitable cable.

for the engine, it was detailed and had the valve cover colored white. we just changed the gaskets as a precautionary measure, but didn't change the piston rings since it was still in very good running condition before it entered the shop. besides the headache-inducing weber 34 i had installed, the alternator was changed to an IC-type to prevent fluctuations in the electricity. i replaced the sealed beams with housing for H4 bulbs. the aircon compressor was replaced, and the drier relocated. the relays were changed to more modern ones, but are still hidden under the original housing on the right side of the engine bay.

i guess that's all for now, and i really hope that we will finally get the carb setting right, short of replacing the jets or replacing the carb altogether.

thanks!

beautiful 610 man the side markers on it are interesting there not lights at all is that stock or did you make something?

we just made something up for that. i already have the marker for the left side, but it seems that a brand new right side does not want to be found. :D