610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

All right 610ers - Riddle me this:

Are the transmission mounts the same for both the standard and the automatic? I figure I already know the answer (yes), but I am just trying to cover all my bases...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are the transmission mounts the same for both the standard and the automatic? I figure I already know the answer (yes), but I am just trying to cover all my bases...

Maybe as simple as flipping it around backwards?

Maybe as simple as flipping it around backwards?

I'll post my problem pictures next week. Need a couple of shots of the "other transmission"...

had to dig deep into the depths of my photobucket for this but here you go

IMAG0024.jpg

this is a pic of shelly from the dogleg install stock manual crossmember stock transmission mount

Damn, that's right bonvo. I should have remembered that. I have a picture of them from your build. Thanks.

its all good mike you have so much datto transmission info in that head of yours somthing is bound to slip your mind once in a blue moon :P

this is a pic of shelly from the dogleg install stock manual crossmember stock transmission mount

Makes total sense. All right, now to get everyone here some pictures...

Just have him edit the picture again in photoshop and add one :rofl:

havent you ever seen the Dukes of Hazzard?

Yeah, I didnt do a super good job deleting the door seams...

Isnt photoshop fun?

Had to break up all this boring trans crossmember talk.... :D

So I took the door cards off of my 76 to grease the wiper tracks, and I noticed that on the plastic trim that surrounds the door handle, the plastic is cracked. It looks like it rides pretty tight against the pivot of the handle. I'm sure you guys have dealt with this, but how? I epoxied the crack to keep it from getting worse, but I'm not too crazy about how it looks... it's shiny in that one spot, and it's textured everywhere else.

Anyone come up with any good ideas to keep the pressure off my already cracked plastic? I'd considered grinding the handle down on the pivot, but I'm not sure if I wanna weaken it.

Also, as far as the clear plastic clip that holds trim in place on the upper part of the arm rest(the top/front screw goes through it), mine's missing that. Does anyone know if it was common to any other vehicles, or is available somewhere? Thanks

So I took the door cards off of my 76 to grease the wiper tracks, and I noticed that on the plastic trim that surrounds the door handle, the plastic is cracked. It looks like it rides pretty tight against the pivot of the handle. I'm sure you guys have dealt with this, but how? I epoxied the crack to keep it from getting worse, but I'm not too crazy about how it looks... it's shiny in that one spot, and it's textured everywhere else.

Anyone come up with any good ideas to keep the pressure off my already cracked plastic? I'd considered grinding the handle down on the pivot, but I'm not sure if I wanna weaken it.

Also, as far as the clear plastic clip that holds trim in place on the upper part of the arm rest(the top/front screw goes through it), mine's missing that. Does anyone know if it was common to any other vehicles, or is available somewhere? Thanks

Those plastics are notorious for cracking, and shattering... :blink:

Pic of the clear plastic clip or at least the location?

for the plastic i super glued mine back together :P still in one piece and no one can tell

the armrest part you mean the stupid little black cover that covers the top most screw? if so your not going to find one i have never seen another one like it and mine all broke :( im gonna make somthing for it eventually

I still have the little black pieces, but the clear clip that goes on the back, kinda looks like an "A" is what I'm missing. It has a hole in the center of it, and that's what the black piece clips onto.

I epoxied the cracked piece, and didn't like how it looked, so I used acetone to take the epoxy off..

well..

... it removed the epoxy, but also began to dissolve the black plastic. It looks textured now, but it's not as cool as it was with just the crack in it. Why can't I just leave "well-enough" alone.. :(

Those plastics are notorious for cracking, and shattering... :blink:

Pic of the clear plastic clip or at least the location?

Here are a couple pics of the plastic clip I was talking about. The front screw(of 3) of the armrest goes through it.

Photo538.jpg

Photo537.jpg

you need to start giving blood and maybe sell a kidney and get that sss, how can you sleep at night. i wish there was on like that near me.

Iv already got 2 SSS's, Thats the 3rd coupe iv seen for sale in my state in the last month or two.

This was another but it had a sunroof.

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=21309

skunk why not snag that 4 door? i was considering getting it when i needed a replacement but a few things stopped me that wont effect you i would have to smog it in cali you wouldnt and i would have to drive up there and bring it back you wouldnt