610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

hes sending me pictures and im gonna try and work somthing out with my uncle or possibly someone on here to bring them down to me

A few days late and a couple dollars short on door to door delivery...

I was showed this car on CL on my up to WA. An extra bumper on my end never hurt, as well as some spare fenders.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few days late and a couple dollars short on door to door delivery...

I was showed this car on CL on my up to WA. An extra bumper on my end never hurt, as well as some spare fenders.

yeah i was kicking myself when is showed up like the day after you left :P

Pardon me ma'am while I whip this out.....

710carbs001Large.jpg

Well well well. Looky here. A nice set of 38s, if I do say so myself.

Have you gone over them, Mike? Brass floats?

Flat tops aren't all that bad. I would de-smog them right away - BEFORE you install...

http://www.jetlink.net/~okayfine/SU/tunacan.html

Otherwise, a nice set you've got going there :thumbup:

Don't know much about them. From a JDM SSSL18 import motor I assume? Weren't the flat tops used only on the L18s??? I bought them from a guy who bought a 510 and they came with it. He didn't want or need them. Right place at right time.

Don't know much about them. From a JDM SSSL18 import motor I assume? Weren't the flat tops used only on the L18s??? I bought them from a guy who bought a 510 and they came with it. He didn't want or need them. Right place at right time.

You would be correct. The flat tops were used on the L18s, but the later ones, like on a JDM 620 versus a JDM 610. They found themselves attached to motors coming from Japan. You did end up at the right place and right time. If I may ask, what did you pay for them?

$50 CDN and $18 to bus them to me from Vancouver.

I just wanted the manifold for use with a pair of dome top British SUs from a 2 liter Volvo motor.

The SUs, (I thought) would be beat to crap units but they look great and they came with air filters too!It has the 510 style throttle connection, same as the 710. I want to keep this car 'period correct', .... well sort of.

$50 CDN and $18 to bus them to me from Vancouver.

I just wanted the manifold for use with a pair of dome top British SUs from a 2 liter Volvo motor.

The SUs, (I thought) would be beat to crap units but they look great and they came with air filters too!It has the 510 style throttle connection, same as the 710. I want to keep this car 'period correct', .... well sort of.

You cannot beat the price or condition, that's for sure.

i'm tryin' (gettin the $ togther) to buy a '76 610 4dr auto......its in really good cond. very little rust, but having electrical problems(alt or volt reg, or battery or all of the above) and doesn't run at the moment....but i feel like this car is really rare, or just really hard to find new/used/aftermarket parts.....any 610 owners out there have some input for me, i'm happy to listen.

thanks, & much love~ JNCBOT

i'm tryin' (gettin the $ togther) to buy a '76 610 4dr auto......its in really good cond. very little rust, but having electrical problems(alt or volt reg, or battery or all of the above) and doesn't run at the moment....but i feel like this car is really rare, or just really hard to find new/used/aftermarket parts.....any 610 owners out there have some input for me, i'm happy to listen.

dude iv told you so meny times how rare 610s and 710s are. They are by no means easy to find parts for. lots of parts you can take from other datsuns but body parts are a hard find.

thats why that girl dosnt want some one to buy it and part it out.

dude iv told you so meny times how rare 610s and 710s are. They are by no means easy to find parts for. lots of parts you can take from other datsuns but body parts are a hard find.

thats why that girl dosnt want some one to buy it and part it out.

Gentlemen, please...

Let someone who has had a 610 in his life for a while (29 years) make a comment. I have seen more 2 door coupes/sport coupe 610s than sedans. And I have seen more sedans than I have seen wagons. And they are only getting rarer everyday. Being that this is a sedan, let me ask a few things about this potential purchase. (Consider this a 610 buyers guide...)

1) Is ALL the glass there? The front windshield is shared only between sedans and wagons. The coupe is different. Sedan front door glass is also shared between sedans and wagons, but that ends the similarities. Rear door glass is sedan specific.

2) The body panels. Straight, need a little love, or non-existant? The doors are a PITA to find, esp. sedan doors. The hood is universal after '74 (and IMHO, the post-'74 hood is the one to have anyway. It is molded to fit an L20B. Put it this way, mine is a '74 hood... Bumpers are likely the Nixon "park-bench" type. You will be hard pressed to find '73 stuff (chrome bumpers, different valence, fenders with side marker lights away from the grille). I am a purist, and say these are meant to be on '73s, but I only say that because I have hunted high and low, been outbid on fleabay, and generally struck out on finding said parts. But now that my build is nearing completion, I guess its fair game.

3) Interior bits. Complete, and in good shape or completely trashed? The 610 is a hard car to outfit with any custom dash or interior stuff, as the 510 is the car that has the larger cult following. I have hunted for newer 610 stuff in the past, and fortunately I have (what I hope) everything needed to finish the interior. Things to look at are dash pad, rear parcel shelf, the little vents at the rear windows, and the plastics around the door pulls. All of these items were meant to be on a car that was only to see garage light, not direct sunlight. I have 3 full sets of the interior door pull trims, just in case.

4) Don't sweat mechanicals. As you have seen here, the possibilities are endless for the engine you want attached to the trans you want attached to the rear wheels that you want. Get the L20B running, and drive it while you save some coin for a future engine swap.

Have any other questions, PM me or get me here on this topic. Jas-ifras and skunk both know that I know the 610 pretty darned well from our visit. And, I personally like the idea of another 610 sedan joining the ranks. :cool:

i would also like to throw out there that the 74 sheet metal and the 73 stuff does interchange but the 74 stuff on a 73 looks odd its almost as if the 74 and later is just a hair wider

heed williams words on the interior!! i have been on the hunt since i got my car on the road for a door panel for a 2 door shit is impossible to find

Hey there, got room for one more? ;)

Photo490.jpg

Photo492.jpg

Photo491.jpg

Sunk my hooks into this one today. You guys are gonna flip when you see how clean the interior is. More pics later...

I guess that means the CraigsList post about this car is now null and void...

So, why no pics? HURRY UP!!!!

610 guys are like a woman in a shoe store - Show us everything you've got!

:lol: as soon as I have it in my possession, I'll take all the pics you want. I had to leave it there because I couldn't drive both it and my 521 home.

I can assure you, however, that the craigslist ad is QUITE null and void ;)

This is about the only other pic I can give you right now.

Photo494.jpg

Can't wait to get 'er home.

:lol: as soon as I have it in my possession, I'll take all the pics you want. I had to leave it there because I couldn't drive both it and my 521 home.

I can assure you, however, that the craigslist ad is QUITE null and void ;)

You know I for one :P a 610. IDK what body style it is. I may have something specific for a '76 for ya. I don't need taillight surrounds. I got them from bonvo, and a '73 is waaaay different, so if you need them, they're yours. Consider it a 'Welcome to the 610 Club' gift. ;)

Hey, sweet. Thanks man. That would be awesome.

I'm not sure what body style it is.. I didn't see any GL badges or SSS badges.. was there a Deluxe edition? All I know at this point is it's a 2-door, and it's gonna be in my dreams tonight :)

It does have some trim that I haven't seen on any other 610s, though. For instance, it's got the trunk rack and wooden luggage sliders. Also, it has that trim that runs along both sides of the car.. kind of like some of the 510s had. I dig the graphics on the side, too.

Hey, sweet. Thanks man. That would be awesome.

I'm not sure what body style it is.. I didn't see any GL badges or SSS badges.. was there a Deluxe edition? All I know at this point is it's a 2-door, and it's gonna be in my dreams tonight :)

It does have some trim that I haven't seen on any other 610s, though. For instance, it's got the trunk rack and wooden luggage sliders. Also, it has that trim that runs along both sides of the car.. kind of like some of the 510s had. I dig the graphics on the side, too.

You won't see any of those badges on a US spec car. It would appear that it is a 1976 Datsun 610 coupe. I will know more from the interior shots. Alhough there are SSS, GL, and Deluxe versions of the car, it wasn't sold with any emblems or markings to identify it. I can tell you this:

1) Your J-Lines (the metal near the side windows)are silver, an indicator that the car was a Deluxe, not SSS. SSS had those J-Lines painted flat black (as well as other, more expensive options to enhance the overall SSS experience). On Standard issue 610s (no frills) the J-Lines are the body color.

2) The luggage rack on the trunk is an aftermarket accessory, definitely not stock.

3) The trim along the side was popular in the 70s, to protect the cars from shopping carts. Period correct? Sure. Mine had it too, but it was promptly removed as they always trap debris, road grime, and moisture along the center of the door.

Things I see: YOU HAVE A PASSENGER DOOR MIRROR!!!! Guard it with your life. Rare as heck. Hard to find, even in good condition as they get knocked off of the car pretty hard. The rims....ummm...leave something to be...desired. I hope there are plans for those. Shovel-Nose grill, correct for year and model. Buff out the bumpers, looks to be real good and straight. All your stainless trim at sides and rear. Hard to keep on the car, harder to find if something happens to it. Just be mindful when cleaning it up ;)

Looks great, and if you got it for the CL price, you got a winner. If you got it for less, get out of town quick. You would have stolen that car...

Did you guys get the 610 SSS in USA?

That would be a no. The SSS option on a 610 is characterized by the sidedraft SUs, which were, for the most part, smog illegal in the US. The 240Z had them, but they were phased out early in the overall Z model run for the (more smog friendly) fuel injection. Heck, the 10 series cars didn't even get the FI until the Maxima, which is well past the model runs for most of the 10-series cars.

We clone SSS cars here for that reason. We never even saw SSS emblems. Just read about it in the Haynes repair manual or from a publication we might have gotten our grubby hands on. We did have "Deluxe" models, but they weren't badged as such. Just the fit and finish was different.