Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' timestamp='1348843222' post='765705']

At least your getting good penetration. That's all that really matters when welding. It may look like complete shit (sorry man :lol:) but it will stay together.

8031815421_3c9c2cc434_c.jpg

the blue isnt the pen, its the burn thru on the left that you ant. sheet metal will blue like the right almost instantly. but i will say those are 100% better. but id practice on some scrap, or youll end up making the car scrap. they dont look like pigeon :poop: now!!!!!! :rofl:

Do you guys think an auto-darkening welding mask would help?? ... right now I'm welding with my eyes closed, or hoping the gun didn't move while flipping down the mask

with Datsun metal,, I can't weld more than a couple tack welds, before I need to move the heat at least 6 inches away to do 2 more tack welds,, then 6-12 inches away for a few more .. then it's almost time to let the metal cool before it starts ping'ing . lot's of 20min breaks :lol:

Do you guys think a $200+ auto-darkening welding mask would help?? ... right now I'm welding with my eyes closed, or hoping the gun didn't move while flipping down the mask

with Datsun metal,, I can't weld more than a couple tack welds, before I need to move the heat at least 6 inches away to do 2 more tack welds,, then 6-12 inches away for a few more . ... then it's almost time to let the metal cool before it start ping'ing

two words

HARBOR FREIGHT ! ! ! !

Has a $50 auto darkening thats awesome. it's all I use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/adjustable-shade-auto-darkening-welding-helmet-46092.html

image_11334.jpg

I just have a 100 dollar auto darkening, there so nice.... i learned how to weld with one and it really spoiled me, batteries died and had to use a flip down once..... its so hard going back.

Can you really call welding without a mask welding.... you can only get so far before you have to look again!

2eDeYe' timestamp='1348849412' post='765769']

Yes, they help immensely. I'm just about to upgrade from my harbor freight one as it like to flash me on occasion.

After about 4 years mine started doing that. Then just plain stopped working. So got another. $50 every 4 years is great if you as me!! :D

I love cheap tools. One time I treated myself and bought a really nice air shear. Broke the tooth. The replacement was as much as the whole shear. I was so pissed, and its still sitting broken dn in my shop. I'd rater replace a cheap tool every few years than a spendy one!! They all break. (of course this is relative)