Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

meybe i missed it, but what are you doing or already done to raise the front crossmember?

Last time I worked on the front suspension was over 30 pages ago: .. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/32130-really-ratty-rusty-ruby-rip-updated-91312/page__st__600

... I started with a 1" raised LCA crossmember: ... and 1" dropped steering arms to match the raised LCA's

6937407991_4290d2c5a7_o.jpg

Then raised it about 2", until the control arms hit the frame rails flat:

7069377097_546924752b_o.jpg

Now I raised the front frame rails about 3" ..... so the LCA's are about 5" higher than stock .... probably never going to drive though .. :lol:

7984886552_911c8601be_o.jpg

The WHOLE rear suspension/floor/shock towers/diff/x-member is all raised 4" .... should be able to drag frame in the back

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm sounds like a lot of work! keep it up though! as much as you want coils... if you wanna drive this thing im gunna be the first one to say bags would probally make your life 10x easier!, if you took the time to set it all up right so you litterally set the car on the ground but could raise it enough to drive! which cant be done with say my car, but since yours is already cut up itd be pretty sweet!

I asked about the front crossmember because thats whats realistically keeping my car from going any lower (keeping in mind i am on bags) it sits about 1/2in off the ground, but at this point sounds like a lot of hacking would have to be done!

I'll be happy if it ever rolls on 4 wheels again ... :lol:

7984885348_f8509a9a2c_o.jpg

I've heard of wheels falling off while driving, also breaking suspention parts while at speed from hitting bumps. But you may be the first to say " Holy #&@% my frame broke off!!" :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

I asked about the front crossmember because thats whats realistically keeping my car from going any lower (keeping in mind i am on bags) it sits about 1/2in off the ground, but at this point sounds like a lot of hacking would have to be done!

It's when the tires hit the underside of the shock tower that it's too low ... :cool: ... there is no point, or easy way to go any lower

I'm happy to hear anyone's ideas for how they're planning to "bag" or "lowar" their 510 ... cause I can tell you what is more, or less strutural,, and I've tried just about evey idea to make the rocker panels drag at ride height,,, and NONE of my ideas worked,,, that's why I'm just going to just drag doors, so in 20yrs when this drives, it WILL be the lowest 510 ... :lol:

I ran out of wheels to try on Rusty Ruby .. :lol:..... I almost got a staggered set of Rota Aleica fake Yaiyo's

then I almost got a pair of 4x100 to 4x114.3 hub adapters, just so I could run the new fake Wat Rota RKR

. but I got the ONLY 4x114.3 Rota RKR's I have ever seen: ..... YES you can all stop buying XXR 513's now .. :rofl:

8018456025_cb3d3dd2fe_c.jpg

i see doing a tube frame front end to get the clearence you want. You have raised everything soo much that now a 175/50r 13 might not fit. An the rockers still woud drag. How do the new 17's fit, now you gotta find perfect tire combo. Prob. someithing low profile and skinny. Gd luck dude. Great job! Where all watching the madness. Thanks