Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

Hey indy, have you considered simply grafting a induction style Cowl onto the original hood to fix the hood clearance issue? sorta like the muscle guys put on the old Camaros and Chevelles. I think it'd look decent if it wasn't a really tall cowl.

Like a really rusty roadster cowling.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid engine? Yeah flip the ring and pinion on a VW 091 trans! That would be pretty crazy! It would make the rear doors pointless though.

did someoen seriously just bring up that something in this build would be pointless. you must have missed everything up untill now lulz

• 2 weeks later...

idk if its been said b4 or not, shit i may have said it b4 too. doing pointless work with bad welding and fab work all in the name of getting it as loww as possibler and now trying to figure out how to not get the motor and tires to stick up thru the hood... kinda reminds me of this and yet everyone loves this on casue its indy....

medium_f7ca97c3067c6bb9b1e10baef98bd541.jpg

Of+course+Funnyjunk+is+better+I+m+just+sayin+that+there+_cb7da5cc6791f6cd742ce69a35d7cf5a.jpg

idk if its been said b4 or not, shit i may have said it b4 too. doing pointless work with bad welding and fab work all in the name of getting it as loww as possibler and now trying to figure out how to not get the motor and tires to stick up thru the hood... kinda reminds me of this and yet everyone loves this on casue its indy....

medium_f7ca97c3067c6bb9b1e10baef98bd541.jpg

Of+course+Funnyjunk+is+better+I+m+just+sayin+that+there+_cb7da5cc6791f6cd742ce69a35d7cf5a.jpg

:thumbup: :rofl:

Nooo! No bonnet scoop! Scoops = poop. Just cut the bonnet so the motor pokes up thru it and then leave it at that.

Airbags would be perfect for helping to move it in and out of the shop.

I'm going to be building a B120 (1200) ute in a similar style to this, cutting out (what's left of) the floor and cutting the front subframes off at the firewall, making framework from the rear subframe forward to a torsion bar front end from a 620 ute (no more space-consuming struts), and the fenders/bonnet/apron will be tek-screwed together as a walk-off clip, revealing an L26 with 240Z 'SU' manifold and header pipes...or at least that's the plan in the meantime.

idk if its been said b4 or not, shit i may have said it b4 too. doing pointless work with bad welding and fab work all in the name of getting it as loww as possibler and now trying to figure out how to not get the motor and tires to stick up thru the hood... kinda reminds me of this

caddyhack's truck's been posted in this thread few times already . :rofl:

did someoen seriously just bring up that something in this build would be pointless. you must have missed everything up untill now lulz

EXACTLY .. I don't care if it ever drives . it's not the only project I think about .. it was fun welding practice, but any money/time from here will be a waste

I'm throwing thick red paint on everything, and putting the car out in the grass all winter, to make room for projects that drive

Because death trap:

8183864344_0c6c8fcec4_c.jpg