Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with the wiring? Did the Hellas finally melt the factory wiring.

I hella don't think that was the problem ..... :lol: . . . the alternator or voltage regulator was bad,,, because I swapped in a 60amp IR alt. and it's been fine ever since

The plan for today: ... start my clear-coat paintjob ..... :blink: ... .. . I'm going to try the roof first, ... before it rots away this winter as my daily driver

the roof has gotten really bad: .... :( .. . . fuckin' salt-air .... <_<

6246258997_f3a0d4d60f_o.jpg

6261482660_5fb6b68b58_o.jpg

6261483250_af7d60d86d_o.jpg

6246261805_496718565b_o.jpg

6246785614_4f14ef68b4_o.jpg

6260958263_54f8d1ca45_o.jpg

6261485060_6b4b7db13f_o.jpg

6261486432_55053a5a00_o.jpg

6259050295_fc9c000ccc_o.jpg

6261481902_1bdb829803_o.jpg

Whats up with the 4x4 stance?

I'm glad to see that the car is being driven and enjoyed and hasn't turned into yard art just yet.

Duke your the only guy from California that drives an actually low 510. In all reality Indy's 510 is pretty low compared with everyone else down there.

You have to admit it would be nice switching lanes without being a bit scared :)

Bitchen pictures Indy!! I need to take some of mine since I lowered it more :)

That setting for the rear coilovers is perfect for daily driving ... . any lower and I can't carry weight in the back (like rims, tires, and floor-jacks) .... :lol:

The tires hit the wheel well on the inside edge of the tire,, ,, not the outside edge where the mini-tub is .. . . a 7" wide rear rim could go much lower

But I have 215/40/16 rear tires. .. . and in the rain I still have some traction at that ride height ... . any lower and the car handles like shit, and spins out in the rain

and I can drive over speed-bumps ..... :fu:

Duke your the only guy from California that drives an actually low 510. In all reality Indy's 510 is pretty low compared with everyone else down there.

HEY Lisas' 510 is pretty low... <_<

:rofl:

.That setting for the rear coilovers is perfect for daily driving ... . any lower and I can't carry weight in the back (like rims, tires, and floor-jacks) .... :lol: The tires hit the wheel well on the inside edge of the tire,, ,, not the outside edge where the mini-tub is .. . . a 7" wide rear rim could go much lowerBut I have 215/40/16 rear tires. .. . and in the rain I still have some traction at that ride height ... . any lower and the car handles like shit, and spins out in the rain and I can drive over speed-bumps ..... :fu:

O I deffinatly understand all those things. They just look so gangster low we just deal with all those issues. I would like to change the Gobstopper to rack and pinion and install some of Byron's brackets. Then the low ride high isn't so scary.

My exhaust hits the ground when I change lanes. I even had our exhaust guy raise it as high as he could without redoing the whole thing. I just need to install the skyline seat so I can start daily driving it again. I have a messed up back and the stock seat is killing me!

Man you guys like it low, I thought he had the perfect stance.

Yeah gocart status :)

HEY Lisas' 510 is pretty low... <_< :rofl:

You guys and your big rims :) 14's or 15's and it can be really really low :) Didn't you switch out her car to 15's?

My car isn't that low Jeff. I don't hit dummy dots when changing lanes or anything. I think the lowest point on my car is like 2.5" from the ground. If I ran smaller tires it would be lower, but you can't find decent tires in smaller sizes, which totally sucks.

Indy, for your roof (hell, for the whole car) you might try rubbing it down with WD40. It should give a little more defense against the rust.

Indy, for your roof (hell, for the whole car) you might try rubbing it down with WD40. It should give a little more defense against the rust.

I never waxed the roof or WD40'd it ..... . . because I wanted to clear coat over the rust:

6275066457_0b87ae84f6_b.jpg

Fake rust .... :lol:

6275066715_02876a5433_b.jpg

6275066829_15bb365b0e_b.jpg

6275592142_43c7f662b7_o.jpg