Datsun Truck with Prius motor

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Words cannot express the blasphemy of this creation. I will go think evil thoughts about evil Toyota Prii' and eat my dinner. WTF, Batman, it just isn't right. AND THAT'S HOW I REALLY FEEL!!!!!!!

EDIT: You know, that came off sounding a little harsh. Let me rephrase: A-hem. F that stupid Prius. F it's motor. F that it's in a Datsun. The Datsun's cool, but F Toyota, I'm out! :D

:unsure: :mellow: <_< :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :blink: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I can think of a better use for a Prius Motor......put it in a Prius and drive it off a cliff.

To each their own I guess :hmm:

That is indeed a good way to look at it. Toyota is still evil though. E V I L! ;) (And yes, the wheels look broken. Hopefully the camber returns to normal for driving.)

well the Prius drivetrain gets what? 55 mpg? And the Datsun A14 only got 50mpg.

Maybe I should do that to my 1200 pickup .... that is put an A14 & 5-speed in it

Win.

Why don't we look at it this way: that's a cool lookin' Prius.

Win.

The concept at hand...fail.

Not when the battery dies in 4 years.

Then you can buy 6 more Datsun's and try again. Or fail with keeping the Prius running.

In the U.S., the battery pack of 2004 and later models is warranted for 150,000 miles (240,000 km) or 10 years in states that have adopted the stricter California emissions control standards, and 100,000 miles (160,000 km) or 8 years elsewhere.[26][27] The warranty for hybrid components is 100,000 miles (160,000 km) or 8 years.[28]
As the Prius reached ten years of being available in the U.S. market, in February 2011 Consumer Reports decided to look at the lifetime of the Prius battery and the cost to replace it. The magazine tested a 2002 Toyota Prius with over 200,000 miles on it, and compared the results to the nearly identical 2001 Prius with 2,000 miles tested by Consumer Reports 10 years before. The comparison showed little difference in performance when tested for fuel economy and acceleration. Overall fuel economy of the 2001 model was 40.6 miles per US gallon (5.79 L/100 km; 48.8 mpg-imp) while the 2002 Prius with high mileage delivered 40.4 miles per US gallon (5.82 L/100 km; 48.5 mpg-imp). The magazine concluded that the effectiveness of the battery has not degraded over the long run.[57] The cost of replacing the battery varies between US$2,200 and US$2,600 from a Toyota dealer, but low-use units from salvage yards are available for around US$500.[57]

well the Prius drivetrain gets what? 55 mpg? And the Datsun A14 only got 50mpg.

Maybe I should do that to my 1200 pickup .... that is put an A14 & 5-speed in it

Does that A14 have 134hp and over 150lb-ft of torque?

I also think that pic is photo chopped.

I think a Prius powered datto truck would be bitchen! I've driven my brothers girlfriends Pruis and liked it. Roomy quite and gets awesome milage. I've been telling my brother for years I want to make a Pruis powered 620. Mini van/trailer axle in the back so it can go super low and the bed wouldn't have to get cut up. The curb weight of a 620 and a Pruis are really close so I'm sure when it's completed it will still get great milage. The drag coefficient of a Pruis I'm sure is way better than a 620 though :)