GRIMACE

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got grimace on jack stands today pulled wheels, drums and checked out the brakes and wheel cylinders for leaks to determine why I had less brake fluid in master cylinder when I picked up grimace from PCD last month in bullhead city. No leaks so now I have to pump brake pedal to see if any leaks on new brake lines that I fabbed up during my build

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well I got front disc brake parts from Charlie69 today from his 520 build and I hope to reinstall the wheels on grimace on Tuesday and turn it around in the garage so I can have access to the front suspension for the disc brake swap/installation and hope to have grimace painted before the SWDP BBQ in august and take it.

• Like 1

reinstalled wheels and backed out of garage and turned it around then backed it into garage,still no brakes,  removed driverside wheel and tore down the brakes/suspension on it and mocked up the disc brake setup that Mike Klotz sent to charlie69 that I bought. having trouble uploading pix from photobucket any help with loading pix up

• Like 1

Gene pictures or it didn't happen!!! LOL

I can verify that Gene is telling the truth.  I finally got him motivated to get Grimace done.  All I had to do was let him tear apart my 520 front end so he could get the Mike Klotz brake kit. 

Gene took the dog bones, the spindles, and the king pin kit to Jacks Alignment and a few hours layer Jacks called saying they are done.  $100 was a good price for king pin labor. 

Mike you might want to send Gene some more of the specialty bolts you made.  We bent both old bolts removing them from my 520.  I gave him both sets of bolts I purchased from you.

Gene has another 521 that has to be taken apart so he can put the dog bones and spindles with good king pins that came out of Grimace.  This is why I wanted an extra set of the 521 bearing adapters a while back, so I would not have to sell my spindles with the bearing adapters on them with the disk brake kit.  But it all worked out when I decided to put a 1980 chassis under my 520.

He also has a third 521 that will someday hit the road also.

Well guys n girls, I picked up my dog bones and spindles after the king pins had been replaced, I was hoping to install them on Tuesday but people at my work decided to screw me and Mando me again at 5am-2pm on Tuesday even though I had to work at 8pm-1am on Monday, so I'm really getting irritated and thinking I might go back to my old job that way at least I will have my 2 days off again.I have a feeling that next Monday they will try that crap again about Mando me on my day off, if so that will be 13 days straight without a day off and the 13th day is counted triple time. I'm going to talk with the union reps b4 I go home hopefully at 2pm

• Like 1

Gene has a working camera , I know I have stood in front of it ...lol. we need more pictures . You can't tear down your truck and do a suspension upgrade and not post before pics. Or any during pictures .

Just ribbin ya Gene. Posting pictures here can be a pain until you get used to it. Hell I have been trying to figure out how to post pictures from my phone forever. And even with draker's help I just font seem to be able to get it down. And I am on my phone 99% of the time.

Keep up the progress , can't wait to see it with disc brakes.

• Like 1

Well I had to go finds parts to finish disc brake conversion setup, so I was attempting to remove the drum brake setup but unfortunately the top bolt on the upper control arm was seized up inside the metal sleeve that in wrapped in rubber bushing and I had to remove the upper C/A but the end caps on the upper link shaft kit were so tight and the battery bracket was in the way I had to stand on a tire and lean over the passenger fender, I think I may  have to cut off the old bolt, and rubber bushing/sleeve, glad I have 2 sets of those

• Like 1