GRIMACE

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got a glimpse of grimace thru PCD video on his thread under trucks and saw no tailgate and a camper shell now on the bed. charlie69 says PCD can't fix the bed ripples if shell is on and he can't access the inside without hitting his head a lot.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and Charlie69 made a trip to bullhead city today to meet up with mark and Tony and check on GRIMACE'S status plus deliver a part to mark, the weather is starting to change and get warmer but mark did work on GRIMACE today. I may stop by tomorrow and take some pictures I just hope I can post them to my photobucket from my phone

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

well idk what the status is with grimace, I guess mark(PCD) is back to working 6 days a week again cuz of his job and gets 1 day to spend with family, I might be going back in 2 more weeks around the 19th to give him a hand and hit the boneyards while I'm there to buy more 620 parts. I still need to download my cellphone pix 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Gene and I just returned to Phoenix with Grimace.  We had a good trip.

It was great visiting with Mark (Pacific Coast Datsun), Steroid, NevTony.  We had a special treat we were Introduced to 2 Mini Truckers From Japan, Masa and I can not pronounce or spell the other gentleman's name.  It was fun having dinner with everyone.  Mark's wife as always ways fun and gracious.

We went to Steroid's barn after dinner and was allowed to ogle all the Datsuns and the memorabilia That steroid has collected over 30 plus years of being a mini trucker fanatic!  What a STASH!!!

The evening was capped off with all of us signing steroids barn entry door.  The Japanese Mini Truckers signed in English so I could read it!

We got to the Uhaul Dealer to pick up the trailer to haul Grimace home and Gene cannot find the keys for Grimace.  So Gene goes in to do the paper work for the rental and I look for Grimaces' keys I find them so all is good.  We go to Marks house to load up Grimace and the 2 Japanese Mini Truckers are there to help.  They helped us empty out Grimaces' bed of all the loot Mark gave us and then helped push Grimace onto the trailer.  Dam nice guys flew all the way from Japan to help us load Grimace!  LOL

We stopped at a junk yard in Kingman AZ to get some 1980 720 brake lines for my 520 chassis swap.  We get those lines and gene gets some for 1 of his King Cab 620s and a good set of 620 seat belts.  We leave headed for Phoenix and several miles down the road I realize my cell phone is not in my pocket.  I think it probably fell out of my pocket at the junk yard.  Well Gene stops at Wikiup AZ and calls my phone and he hears it ringing.  He finds my cell phone so all is good.

Good times, Thank you all.

• Like 1

i don't have a king cab 320 charlie but maybe down the road i can build 1 and really make some datsun fanatics upset. i do though have 2 datsun 620 king cabs that i got parts from at the junkyard in kingman, charlie you forgot to mention the 1966 datsun 411 car we saw on the way

• Like 1

i don't have a king cab 320 charlie but maybe down the road i can build 1 and really make some datsun fanatics upset. i do though have 2 datsun 620 king cabs that i got parts from at the junkyard in kingman, charlie you forgot to mention the 1966 datsun 411 car we saw on the way

What you talkin About Willys?

Did some measurements of leaf springs and seeing the difference between the bushings, hangers from 720 4x4, 620 and 521 that I plan on using the 4x4 leaf springs on grimace so I don't have to use the 4" lowering blocks to dump the rear down

• Like 1

well me and charlie69 worked in the garage today so 1 day closer to getting grimace back into my garage so I can do the rear leaf spring swap from a 4x4 720 pick leaf spring package and remove the factory 521 leafs

• Like 1