GRIMACE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worked on truck (grimace) today with my 2 nephews. Proceeded to bleed brakes but had leaking issues at the proportioning valve. I guess I need to figure out what the problem is

Do you have the adapters on both sides for the inverted flare?  Most of the ones I've seen do not allow you to mount the brake line directly to the valve body without an adapters.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well me and Charlie69 worked on grimace today, hopefully we finally got the brake fluid leaking issues fixed now I gotta sweet talk the mrs. bail n chain to help with $$ that way I can get it painted and ready for the severed ties show here in Phoenix on Dec. 5th, at the castle n coasters playland

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Worked on the brake issues last week after finding brake fluid on my garage floor, it seems that the wheel cylinder on the left rear leaks, I have had trouble with that side for some time, even though I put new brakes, hardware and new lines, cylinders back in 2006 and drove it a few times and took it to shows, the manufacturer's who make the dust boots for the wheel cylinders need to read do the molds cuz they don't look right or seem to seal up in the groove properly. I bought everything when I worked at BAP IMPORT PARTS, I have since then bought a new wheel cylinder from Napa and sprayed brake cleaner on shoes, hardware, backing plates and reassembled the brakes now I have to adjust and rebleed the rear brakes again

• Like 1

Charlie69 inspected the rubber seals and it looks like it has a cut on the seal that is on the piston, and it looks like they are reman wheel cylinders cuz piston/seal coated in gray/aluminum material

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got to get motivated again and get back on grimace, but with my work schedule and trying to get my nephew's 620 drivable and the rain we have been getting plus to many other projects there is no free time. I need help

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday me, charlie69, my nephew went to bullhead city to meet up with some of our SWDP DATSUN BROTHERS and drop off some much needed tools to 1 of them and also pick up a GT Spoiler fiberglass she'll for grimace. It was on an old School ford courier back in the day. The pictures of it are on a post under trucks listed as SWDP saves the leprechaun (sortof)

• Like 2