The Killer B...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those are too big and crazy. I know those exist, but was looking for something a little smaller. I just got rid of a MKI Rabbit lip and I liked that one.

The MK1 Rabbit duckbill is the best for what you want. Should've kept it. B)

Luckily they only cost about $60 new, so... :thumbup:

Look for the front lip on the 210 hatch. I just sold mine or I'd post up a picture of what I mean.

Nvm I have a picture lol

Not sure if it's factory but looks cool

Factory yes, but only on a '79, and it's part of the lower valence. You'd have to cut it off and find a way to attach it to the 510. The one on the front of a 720 is similar but a tad deeper. Looks tits on a 510 as well. Could pick up one of those at a JY and have some cheap thrills? :P

IMGP44371.jpg

720-Datsun-Truck.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey all! I'm new to the forum, but have browsed around countless times over the years. Been hunting myself a Datsun for over a decade.

Finally pulled the trigger on one. THIS ONE ;) I own it now.

Pretty sure I'm the 4th owner since Datsunfreak.

Not much has changed with the car since he had if. Big change in the works though. Big change. Just the beginning.

CA18det

Not doing the swap myself. I don't have the fab skills or the tools and my HOA will not allow such things here. But I will be working on the car. Just not swapping it. Luckily this swap is documented on here already so I'm not robbing you guys of to much valuable knowledge. I'll get all the info I can for you guys. I'll post all kinds of pictures. Best I can do. I'm in TN. The car is currently @2j-racing in GA. They race and sell parts for b15 Sentras. I have a Spec V. Joe, the owner of 2j, is the last owner before me. He never found the free time to swap the motor. It was at first going QR. Then at some point he picked up the CA and never found time. I had missed this car for sale before. Then realized 2j had it. Later realized they still had it. So I bought it. He had the motor. He gave me some time to decide if I wanted the motor. Of course I did :). So its sitting in line at 2j behind several Sentras. But its been there a while. Pretty sure I'm next. Should "hopefully" be done with what they're doing for me by March 1st. But you know. You never know. All kinda stuff could happen.

Super excited!!! And glad I can bring this car back to the forum.

The A14 & Dogleg 5 will be for sale as soon as they are pulled. Should be a couple weeks or three. Car still runs and drives. I drove it from ATL to Nashville and then later back to ATL from Nashville. It just needs more power. Nothing crazy. Planning on keeping the CA stockish for a while.

• Like 2

Funny enough.  I have this car's front bumper leaning up in my garage.  I hauled off some of DF's trash a while back and it was in there.  Me and a buddy were just talking this weekend about which of Datsunfreak's cars it might have come from.  I just checked page one and it's a match.

You can have it back if you like.  I haven't found a use for it either.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

OWNER UPDATE......

Been getting put on the back burner all this time by that shop. Long story..... I will skip it.

Supposedly on the schedule to do the swap next month. Fingers crossed. Poor car has been sitting at that shop outside since 11-1-14 and part of the time under a damn tree. Yes....coulda done this damn swap on my own by now....again it's a long effed up story I will skip. Lots of life lessons learned from this experience. Unfortunate but it happens. I was confident this wouldn't happen. But it did and at this point just is what it is.

But anyway....this car is still around and the plans still have not changed.

"Supposedly Soon" STILL to be CA18det swapped. Nothing fancy. Bone stock how it came showing its age. Then a bazillion other things I need to do. Had planned to have most all that taken care of by now but it just hasn't worked out how it was supposed to. At least the hardest part to do on my own will be done.

Soon as the A14 and Dogleg are out I will post them up. I can easily ship that stuff from the shop. More difficult if I end up having to haul it home.

• 6 months later...

Well........this poor car has been sat outside under some damn trees for Way Too Long!!!!

But FINALLY Her We Go FINALLY!!!!!

So now everyone can see I wasn't bsing. It really has been sat at a shop all this time.

Anyone need an A14 & Dogleg?

Hopefully much less wait for the CA to be in and running and driving!!!

Lemme figure out how to post a picture lol. Gimme a minute. Haven't used the site much since my car has just been sitting. Kinda depressing obviously lol