The Killer B...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking now I should have made life easier and just S13ed the entire front of the car lol. Need new suspension components anyway...and the brake upgrade would have been a huge gigantic improvement too

S13 brakes would be a downgrade from 280ZX.   ^_^

Unless you meant aftermarket S13 upgrades...  

Prices aren't too bad either. :)

Sad nothing I can do for the rear until I swap the rear end. Not as important as the front though. Not a big deal. We'll see how fast I destroy that diff lol

I have an H190 510 wagon diff and a set of disc brake adapter brackets for it. Just saying... B)

That's kinda the plan. But when I was looking.....not thinking the wheels and tires will still fit. I may be wrong. Hopefully wrong. Otherwise I need new wheels or to shorten a rear end.

Can't imagine what it would cost to ship that rear end here or to GA. 4 lug already at least

And sorry about not getting back to you yet about that other stuff. Things came up, so I haven't gone down there yet still. Still planning too. Should be this month.

not thinking the wheels and tires will still fit. I may be wrong. Hopefully wrong. Otherwise I need new wheels or to shorten a rear end.

It would widen the track a little bit. Would either need flares, or different wheels. But my thought was if you did the wide-track front (11" rotors and Wilwoods), then wide track the back...

Can't imagine what it would cost to ship that rear end here or to GA. 4 lug already at least

Screw that. Would only take a weekend just to come get it.  :rofl:

And I keep thinking you're in Nashville. Change your profile.   :P

I'm in Nashville. The car is currently just outside Atlanta. Sorry for the confusion. Good long ride to Texas.

And yeah it would be cool to widen it. But I like the look of the car so much I would kinda hate to hack it up for flares. So would probably get wheels or shorten a rear end.

If I decide to do paint and bodywork i would be more open to doing flairs. But I plan to keep it original. If I can't manage to fit enough tire I'd do flares. We'll see. Need to finish this first part and see how it is and if the diff instantly goes.

I don't plan to turn the boost up til after I do lots of safety mods and re do the entire rear end. So for now I'm just anxious to get the car back and see where it's at. Now that they're actually working on it it should be done this winter unless something unforseen happens, which could happen.

Anyway....these guys are doing the swap, because it was a deal (which turned out a bad deal because how long it's freaking taking). The other stuff I will do myself and have somewhere local to me do what I can't figure out myself or with friends help.