The Killer B...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the paint got faded bad from sitting so long or that's just some weirdness in the picture. Probably just the picture. 

Original Datsun paint (especially the blues) oxidizes FAST. You have to keep it clean and polished. It should rub out and look good though. 

Glad to see you making more progress!  :thumbup:

Did you flip the crossmember, or is it out in that pic? Did the stock turbo plumbing clear the steering gearbox? 

• Like 1

How much?

Whatever is fair I guess. Transmission is good. Motor has been fine but after sitting a year and a half it didn't want to start the last time I was there and I didn't try very hard to start it. Carb or something probably. Definitely NOT the motor itself. I am down at that shop every few months for Sentra reasons so I would drive it when I was there. Fired right up every time but the last. I turned up the idle a little the last time I drove it....and knowing jack about carbs maybe I adjusted the wrong screw and that was why it didn't start next time I was there. Idk. I just know the motor has always been fine amd the transmission seems perfect. You are obviously familiar with the Motor and Transmission Datsunfreak ;)

Close to the same mileage honestly. Has not done much driving since you had it.

It's in GA near Atlanta. But they can crate amd ship the stuff for me.

Seems like the value is in the tran. I would prefer to sell them as a pair. The clutch is still really good. They supposedly changed it before I bought the car from them. Amd if you look in the picture, from what you can actually see, it does look brand new.

• Like 1

Glad to see you making more progress! :thumbup:

Did you flip the crossmember, or is it out in that pic? Did the stock turbo plumbing clear the steering gearbox?

I have a shop doing it. Would have been done a year ago of i had just done it myself.

But anyway...

I can find out what they do to fit everything, but at the moment I don't know. I don't actually know if the motor is mounted in that picture. They were going to build custom mounts. Looks like the motor is not mounted. So not sure about the crossmember. And I tossed around the idea of S13 conversion. So...that's still a possibility maybe

I was curious about sway bar clearance. I will make sure to post everything I find out about the build. Luckily this is already a documented swap, and i gave them links to that. It should clear the steering box barely. Probably dangerously close (heat), but should have cleared.

Worst case....I will post a bazillion pics when I get the car back. It'll be a while I am sure. But should be way shorter than I already have waited.

• Like 2

It's in GA near Atlanta. But they can crate amd ship the stuff for me.

Shit. I thought it was in Nashville...   :rofl:

Seems like the value is in the tran. I would prefer to sell them as a pair. The clutch is still really good. They supposedly changed it before I bought the car from them. Amd if you look in the picture, from what you can actually see, it does look brand new.

I put a new clutch in when I did the manual trans conversion. I know the trans is good, it used to be mine.   B) 

Shipping might kill it, but it's worth a shot...

And I could b wrong, but it's the straight pattern 5 speeds that are most coveted (by NG guys), not the dogleg. But the dogleg is beefier, so...

• Like 1

Mileage was 29,903 (obviously 129k or 229k lol) when I bought it Datsunfreak and I haven't put 2k miles on it lol

Remember the mileage when you sold it?????

It was just over 19k when I sold it. I bought it from the original owner's family and they claimed it was 116k when I got it, for what that's worth.

Stock auto shifted like a dream until I broke the flywheel. That's the only reason it got a 5spd swap.   :rofl:

• Like 2

I am in Nashville. Shop is outside of Atlanta. You sold it. Dude ended up in ATL. This shop bought it. And I bought it from them. I had it in Nashville for less than 2 months. Drove it around for a while figuring out what all I wanted to do.

No telling what shipping would cost. Probably not that bad, but surely not cheap. This shop ships motors all the time, so I am sure they know the cheapest way to ship the stuff.

I imagine it's the same clutch. They claimed they changed it, but I had already researched the car amd knew you changed it so I didn't question the BS LOL

• Like 2

It was just over 19k when I sold it. I bought it from the original owner's family and they claimed it was 116k when I got it, for what that's worth.

Stock auto shifted like a dream until I broke the flywheel. That's the only reason it got a 5spd swap.   :rofl:

Yeah I researched the history of the car before I bought it and knew all about you owning it. I was familiar with the car. I had seen it for sale before. I think when this shop bought it actually.

I guess the car has done 10k miles since you had it lol. Not Much!

• Like 1

Update.

They say it's physically impossible to have the motor in straight and clear the steering box. They have been trying to fit it since Friday. Said they even cut off the side of the steering box and welded in sheetmetal to buy a bit more space and it still wouldn't clear.

So......no you can't fit the stock setup because of the steering box. Which means this is gonna cost me some extra money because none of us expected that. Shouldn't be too bad. They can build me a custom manifold. I will do whatever is cheapest and still works the best.

Notched the crossmember and got my pan and everything to clear. Problem is the steering. I will update later after a decision is made.

Still Moving Forward!!!! Could return to stock still, but to hell with that lol. Not letting a manifold stop this now. Already waited way too long to turn back now!!!

you can't fit the stock setup because of the steering box...  none of us expected that.

I did.   ^_^

In my 510 (super similar engine bay to a B210) I just used an OBX top mount manifold and ran new coolant/oil lines. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Turbo-Manifold-Fit-For-NISSAN-SILVIA-180SX-200SX-RWD-CA18DET-S13-/161836906017?hash=item25ae3b3621:m:m-a_byEKwm6rsc4Ny6I5EQg&vxp=mtr

Oddly enough, it clears just fine in a 1200 engine bay. The 1200 gearbox is smaller, and mounted lower and farther back for some reason. 

Nevermind. I was thinking that was top mount. It's bottom mount. I am not sure everything would work. Pretty positive I need to move the turbo forward.

It might work though, since it worked in a 510. Definitely a top Mount should work as long as it isn't too close to the master cylinder or something

Just looked at b210in's build thread again. And it looks like the problem with a production aftermarket top mount is gonna be my brake booster. Which honestly I would like to keep.

Custom may be the way to go. Still a question of top or bottom mount there though. Hmmmm. I'll definitely let you know what the final decision is. I wish I wasn't 4.5hrs away from the car so I could go take a look for myself.

• 2 months later...