• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems you are all on the same page with the mirrors. As am I now. :P

1. Yes, it needs fender mirrors.

2. Yes, they must be chrome.

Now, my debate is Bluebird style mirrors, or something a tad smaller like the old Honda mirrors...

I was able to swing by my friend's exhaust shop this morning. After lifting it we found out the front lower valence had not only broken the spot welds on the driver's side (what I expected), it had broken loose on the left side too. :P

I was able with some "persuasion" to straighten it out a good amount, and he helped me out by welding it back onto the radiator support on both sides. Not perfect, but waaaaaaaaay better than before.

valence_repair.JPG

The welds are a tad conspicuous, but I'm gonna pick up a MK1 Rabbit duckbill that should sort it out nicely. ;)

Looks like this:

rrk3fa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Car was getting stinky after long drives. Turns out the valve cover gasket was wasted. <_<

Decided to clean it up and repaint it while it was off. No blue, so flat black it is! :P

crappy_002s.jpg

Thought I would kill two birds with one stone here. Turns out my brake dragging problem was actually in the pedal itself. The stock spring that pulls the pedal up was worn out and the pedal wasn't returning to the top when you pushed the brake. So, I took the stock brake pedal and spring out and swapped in the manual pedals today. Modified it a bit to use a heavy duty spring in a different location. Nice and firm and no brake dragging!!! :cool:

crappy_003s.jpg

Had a bit of an epiphany today as well. The front spoiler I bought for my 610 way back when was actually listed on ebay as a B210 spoiler. :P

Popped it off the 610 and popped it on the B210. :cool:

crappy_005s.jpg

Tim got bored, and since we had three VERSA rear emblems at the shop, he came up with this for his B210... :lol: :lol: :lol:

crappy_004s.jpg

When I got home I took off the front spoiler, scuffed it and resprayed it satin black. Got some better hardware for it, and will pop it back on in the morning. Needs a little adjustment to sit "square", but it's getting there. Now to find a rear spoiler for it... :cool:

More mods to come next week...

It looks so good now! i always thought the B210 Hatches looked better, but you changed my mind. With all these mods the coupe looks great.

Technically, yours is the "coupe", mine is a "sedan". ;)

I love the color/patina as well. Looks really cool with the nice grill/bumpers/rims.

Thanks. :cool:

Technically, yours is the "coupe", mine is a "sedan". ;)

Coupe = hatchback

sedan = trunk

Whoops, that always gets me. When i think sedan, i always think of a 4-door! Those damn 240sx's! Great car either way, i hope to get mine looking this good, when i start on it again.

Whoops, that always gets me. When i think sedan, i always think of a 4-door! Those damn 240sx's!

It's common in Domestic, and European car circles, and to an extent the Japanese, for that to be the case. Most often 2dr = coupe, 4dr = sedan. Datsun was one of the few to break the mold by making both 2dr coupe and 2dr sedan versions of several cars (B110, B210, B310, late 510 (HL-A10), early 510, 710, etc.).

It basically stems from Datsun not wanting to call anything "hatchback" like Toyota did. Instead, all the fastback/hatchback cars are coupes, and the notchbacks are sedans.

i definitely like this one a lot. great work! am i the only person that has noted the coupe/hatchback has a lower roof line than the sedan? inside i hit my head on my friends hatch (same color as yours) but i can ride comfortably in my sedan

Yes, the coupe/hatchback doors are about 1.5" shorter at the rear. I can hop right into my car, I have the "curl" down pat.

Then every time I get in Tim's hatchback I bonk my head on the roof. :P

Datsun had some cars officially called "hatchback" like the first fwd Stanza. But they it was a sedan/wagon crossover with a hatch. It was not a coupe in any sense. In general hatchback does not mean coupe.

It's common to have 2-dr sedans. Calling a "notchback" a coupe is usually wishful thinking (unless it follows coupe practice e.g. lower roofline for the back seat area). That's marketing for you.

240SX 2-dr is per Nissan a hardtop. Not a coupe like the 3-dr. This is also common because a sedan has different door & roof construction. Sedan doesn't indicate the number of doors and it's not a Nissan thing.

Some of you may wish to read up on auto history, it is quite fascinating.