Skunk's 610

skunk

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i want to lower it, just not sure how im going to go about doing so.

Dont have a ton of money to spend on lowering it, but at the same time i dont want to do a hack job.

You have plenty of time to do it the wrong way...But never enough time to do it the right way...

I hacked the springs on my 610 back in the day. MISTAKE! The ride suffered terribly because of it, and I ended up having to bring it back to stock-ish height to compensate for it... My suggestion still stands: When you can afford it, get your hands on the 280ZX Front Struts, get a set of cheap coilovers (2 inch ID), and run those instead. You will inevitably have to do brakes in the future, why not upgrade while you're at it?

BTW: The wheels look sweet on the car :thumbup:

I had this given to me by an old friend who remembered my Datsun truck and thought it might come in handy. He thinks he has one for a 510 but couldn't find it.

'74 610 but other than body and rear end is almost identical to the 710.

610FSM001Large.jpg

That is one fine looking car man,, keepin the bumpers for safety ( of the car ) is a good idea for a daily driver i know everybody wants to take then off first thing but i dont know,,that sheet metal is pretty dang rare.

And yours is exceptionally nice

The oldest manual I have is for 510/521 but I don't think is a FSM. The pages are thick paper almost like a book and the cover an first 23 pages are gone. It uses British terms like sump, dampers, clutch withdrawal lever and so on. It appears to cover only the very early '68-'69? 510. The layout is somewhat like the Haynes manuals.