Skunk's 610

skunk

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT!?!?

i called you about the passenger side marker before i even had the 610, because i knew it was missing before i got it.

I thought you needed an early one, not a later one...okay, my bad...i will keep the hunt going for a later side maker light...

starting to make a list and pile up some parts.

need

water pump, timing gear set, gas tank sealer, IR alt, El dizzy, new coil, head gasket kit, oil pan gasket, ka oil pump, L16 lower Rad inlet, 510/610 Clutch Master Cylinder, long tail 5 speed.

might need to pick up a new rad if i cant fix the one thats in there now. the top tank is spiting from the rest of the rad.

i know theres more lol. maybe a new cam if i can find one for a deal.

oh and 280zx front struts but all the engine stuff comes first.

710 engine parts will fit. :lol:

yeah, so will alot of other Datsun engine parts :rolleyes:

some parts will be used, some will be new.

the whole front half of my engine is RTVed like a mother fucker.

iv got little bits of RTV floating around inside my rad. so yeah

i need to re do a bunch of the gaskets,

Your 610 must have been previously owned by a chevy owner. Those guys can't afford gaskets.

You nailed it. The guy I got it from that had taken the timing cover off was all about the Bow Ties. You should have seen how many boogers came out when I reverse flushed the oil system.

Disgusting.

yeah, i know. im hoping to rent out a friends garage for a long weekend and getting a shit ton of work done at once.

I'll just buy a bunch a beer and see who shows up to help work on the 610 for a weekend, keep the grill going all day too.

:D

on the top of the list is cleaning up the timing cover, new water pump, timing chain/gear/tensioner.

And getting the emissions crap all out, and installing my SU carbs.

if i can, id like a new oil pump, el dizzy and a new cam. but we will see what kind om moneys i have.

Guest DatsuNoob

I have a spare used KA oil pump. It's nothing special, but it does work and is an original factory pump. I pulled it off a Frontier KA with 78k on the clock. You pay the shipping, buy me a beer next time I see ya, and it's yours.

yeah, i know. im hoping to rent out a friends garage for a long weekend and getting a shit ton of work done at once.

I'll just buy a bunch a beer and see who shows up to help work on the 610 for a weekend, keep the grill going all day too.

:D

on the top of the list is cleaning up the timing cover, new water pump, timing chain/gear/tensioner.

And getting the emissions crap all out, and installing my SU carbs.

if i can, id like a new oil pump, el dizzy and a new cam. but we will see what kind om moneys i have.

wish i could get in on that man it would be creepy working on shellys twin im hoping to see this thing once i move up to oregon

My engine is starting to Knock.....

its the bottom end.

took the valve cover off, every thing seems ok up top. But there is still alot of noise.

looking like i just might not make it to canby with my datsun again :angry: