Skunk's 610

skunk

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice^^^

it still seems to be leaking a bit of watter, its a slow leak but its a leak. Cant tell were its coming from just yet seeing that its been raining the last two days and every thing is wet <_< .

got my grant wheel and the grant wheel adapter, just waiting on the 3 to 5 bolt adapter.

next thing on the list is geting my weber carb from eugene rebuilt and on the car, finding a cover for the pass side running light and geting a new/used set of mirrors seeing that mine are busted.

then i can work on getting it lower :D

Finally! Man, that is a nice find. Happy to see you waited and found what you wanted. Wheels are a huge improvement. Any inside pics? If it's not been wet inside, I bet it's in good shape. Same color as my old B210, but way sexier...

I miss you guys, college and job hunting are sucking the life out of me. Glad you found YOUR car :)

Finally! Man, that is a nice find. Happy to see you waited and found what you wanted. Wheels are a huge improvement. Any inside pics? If it's not been wet inside, I bet it's in good shape. Same color as my old B210, but way sexier...

I miss you guys, college and job hunting are sucking the life out of me. Glad you found YOUR car :)

NUKE!!! hey, long time no see.

the inside is great, I dont know why i havnt posted pics :blink:

dont know if youll be geting on again soon enough but ill be in eugene tomorrow.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!

So driving down the road, charge light comes on. pull over every thing seems fine, but i decide to head home anyway. before i could get home smoke starts coming out from the vents, then from all around the dash and before i knew it there was a fire in the car. pulled over fast, luckily i had a jug of watter behind my seat. put the fire out. no power is working in car.

Ed came a pulled the car home.

i want to cry....

i fucking hate wiring with a passion.

im going to need help with this one guys, anyone thats got time let me know. i tend to have sunday-mondays off lately but that changes alot

Find out if it's one component like the radio or heater that's the cause. If it's the harness it will have to come out as one melted wire can connect up several other wires and you can't tell by looking at the electrical tap on the outside. If so remove the dash and take lots of pictures and draw pictures of what goes where. I swapped the entire 720 wire harness into my 620, including all the wiper and headlight switches in the dash and out into the engine bay including everything out there. It can be done, don't worry, it's a set back not the end. Disconnect the battery for now.

I think I'd start by chasing down the culprit of the fire. There are not many circuits that are not fused. A fused circuit...properly fused that is......would have blown the fuse before smoking a wire. Unless is was a pretty small wire, I would guess it to be a 20A circuit....probably a 30A. The cigarette lighter circuit is one of the only ones that high....in the car....unless you have power windows.

Since it came out your vents and not simply from under the dash.....where exactly was the fire you had to put out?

Any chance you have an Ammeter in the car....in dash or under dash? Those are notorious for burning up wiring harnesses.

Do you have a schematic...or a link to one?

I think I'd start by chasing down the culprit of the fire.

thats what im trying to do. i haven't tried doing anything but that since this happened. cant really see the wires with the dash in the way.

where exactly was the fire you had to put out?

there is a hole were the radio used to be. i saw bright burning wire out the corner of my eye. fire was all over passenger side under dash down to the floor next to the heater box.

we had the heater/defrost on full blast. i think thats why it came out the vents first.

LOL....sorry....I was meaning the specific "end" item....ie the cigarette lighter....but I guess you need to find the burned wire first. Anyway......I was thinking possibly the wire wound air resistors in the heater box might have lit up some debris in the heater box, but if you had it on high, it bypasses the resistors. I hate to see you pull the entire dash out!! I've done that before on several vehicles....what a pain!!