Skunk's 610

skunk

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love it.

Some little things i need to work on, pass side running light is busted. Driver side running light dosnt light up. Rev lights dont kick in when im baking up. Needs the rad flushed, new plugs, fig out why heater only works with head light on :blink: . all little stuff.

did you look to see if the pass side running light come on when you turn the heater on...haha

you gonnna swap it to manual trans still? the offer is still good on my 4 spd man, i just gotta find the time to swap mine to 5 spd, idk when that will be, probly in spring :unsure:

i wont be swaping it to a manual anytime soon. Jessis wagon needs some much needed love and its nice to have a auto to drove for a day or two if we really need to take some stuff apart on the wagon. (jessi dont drive stick yet)

when the wagons in better shape i might start looking into going to a 5 speed, but even then i dont know that i care all that much about it being a 5 speed. Only reason i like manuals is because they are more fun to drive, the 610 is fun all on its own. the 610 is going to be my "cruiser" not my rat-racer.

did you look to see if the pass side running light come on when you turn the heater on...haha

and yeah actually i did, no such luck.

but i did notice that the whole driver side light assembly (inside and out) looks to be new. the bulb does seem to get a little power, just not enough to make it light up. checked the bulb, checked the ground, but i did not check the fuse yet.

i wont be swaping it to a manual anytime soon. Jessis wagon needs some much needed love and its nice to have a auto to drove for a day or two if we really need to take some stuff apart on the wagon. (jessi dont drive stick yet)

when the wagons in better shape i might start looking into going to a 5 speed, but even then i dont know that i care all that much about it being a 5 speed. Only reason i like manuals is because they are more fun to drive, the 610 is fun all on its own. the 610 is going to be my "cruiser" not my rat-racer.

I actually love my auto 710. It just takes some small getting used to. I goes all right and is less work to drive. Now that I have my 4 spd goon I won't likely convert it over. Mrs. d likes it as is even though she can drive either.

I like the fact that my 610 is an auto for a few reasons:

#1 being, it keeps me respectable, and I'm alot more careful about how I drive it. It's can be easy to get carried away driving a stick and wind up in a situation that you wouldn't normally get into in an automatic. Yeah, maybe you can't do burn-outs or it's a little doggier, but that insures that it's going to be driven kindly. If you're concerned about getting beaten off the line, don't sweat it; you've got nothing to prove, you're driving a 610 - win or lose they're still jealous :cool:

#2, on the trips I have taken to Portland, and been unfortunate enough to have to sit in traffic, the automatic is a stress-saver. No more tiring my leg out in bumper-to-bumper traffic for 45 minutes, terrified about what's happening to my clutch. I just sit, turn up the tunes, and tickle the brake pedal.

#3, I'm also enjoying learning how to drive an automatic. I was raised and taught in a manual, so it's like driving a completely different car. You can still shift it, and it's instant; there's no clutch delay. Just 1 less gear than the 4 speed.

I wouldn't want an automatic in all of my cars, but in my 610, I'm happy with it.

...Just 1 less gear than the 4 speed.

I wouldn't want an automatic in all of my cars, but in my 610, I'm happy with it.

Until the thread I started becomes a reality...

skunk - Noice 610! What kind of wheels are going on it, I am not familiar with what wheels you are getting.

As for the side marker light, it sounds to me like it has the wrong bulb in it. Its getting 12 volts, but probably not the correct wattage.

As for the reverse lights, it could be one of two things: 1) the wires at the transmission for the inhibitor switch (mounts on the passenger side of the transmission, follow the shift linkage to where it goes into the transmission). The wire may be disconnected. Or 2), the light comes on in the wrong gear. Same procedure, follow the linkage to the inhibitor switch. get the (10?)mm screw on the side loosened. Use a piece of wire to align the holes while in park. Check for proper operation of the switch. You can see if the switch is operational by having someone (jess?) stand away from the car, and while you have the e-brake on and your foot on the brake pedal, run through each gear one-by-one to see if the light comes on in Neutral, Drive, @nd or 1st. That will tell you right away if its the switch.

Not to be an ass, but did you check the bulbs, too?

Until the thread I started becomes a reality...

skunk - Noice 610! What kind of wheels are going on it, I am not familiar with what wheels you are getting.

As for the side marker light, it sounds to me like it has the wrong bulb in it. Its getting 12 volts, but probably not the correct wattage.

As for the reverse lights, it could be one of two things: 1) the wires at the transmission for the inhibitor switch (mounts on the passenger side of the transmission, follow the shift linkage to where it goes into the transmission). The wire may be disconnected. Or 2), the light comes on in the wrong gear. Same procedure, follow the linkage to the inhibitor switch. get the (10?)mm screw on the side loosened. Use a piece of wire to align the holes while in park. Check for proper operation of the switch. You can see if the switch is operational by having someone (jess?) stand away from the car, and while you have the e-brake on and your foot on the brake pedal, run through each gear one-by-one to see if the light comes on in Neutral, Drive, @nd or 1st. That will tell you right away if its the switch.

rev light comes on at no point in time when going through the gears.

as for the bulbs i did swap the bulbs from left to right and that did nothing.

as for the wheels

29535_414298104448_510019448_4105622_7023129_n.jpg

I do love it.

Some little things i need to work on, pass side running light is busted. Driver side running light dosnt light up. Rev lights dont kick in when im baking up. Needs the rad flushed, new plugs, fig out why heater only works with head light on :blink: . all little stuff.

My mistake. :P:lol:

Guest kamakazi620

I still have that 510 front bumper i offered you!!!!!!! its in the bed of the white 620 come and get it before this monday cuz i'm makin' another scrap run to pay my car insurance(yes people i pay my insurance)