Skunk's 610

skunk

Kelly wire the heat riser valve open. Usually they rust open or shut but when working they can rattle if the return spring is loose or broken. The exhaust pulses make it flap around. Its under the intake on the exhaust manifold below the throttle cable.

Just below the EGR tubs on the right side of the exhaust. You can see the flat coil spring.

L20Bexinstovepipesetup002Large.jpg

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is suddenly on an EFI kick after that thread were you said EFI on the 1800 SSS was JDM ONLY.

Lol just asking, he said 610 l18e and skunk has a 610 so I figured it might be.

And reading one post and making one comment isn't a kick, just some curiosity.

Apparently I'm on a kick so maybe I should sale these su carbs ive been working on and intake mani and linkage I've been planning on using sense I bought them and get me some efi!!!! Lol I want to run my carbs, but I never even heard of a l18e it does sound neat.

And as soon as I read datsunmike say it was in a 610 your dam right I asked you skunk, I wanted to see what it looked like if you had it.

not true by a long shot there skunk

I looked this up because now I really am on a kick about the l18e.

I have not read anything in about a week that has said the l18e was ever sold in the USA.

I did read how ever that Australia had some in the 610 but they are not common.

I have looked in Japan, Australia, uk, and even china for parts " intake mani a fuel rail..." and have not obtained a single lead on any of it.

I go a little OCD about not being able to find what I'm looking for.

So your saying it was sold in the USA? On what? When? Please reply

And my L20 is fine, There is nothing wrong with the engine in the car. it was just the stupid l20 emissions intake/exhaust manifold. and that is now out of the car.

just need to do new timing cover/water pump gasket, get some things tuned and the biggest thing is just finding the time to work on it.

cant work on the car at my place so keeping it at a friends, so i have to travel any time i want to work on it.+ he works full time and are work schedules dont seem to work together well

And my L20 is fine, There is nothing wrong with the engine in the car. it was just the stupid l20 emissions intake/exhaust manifold. and that is now out of the car.

Good to hear! I was worried that the L20B had taken a crap. What are going to run on it now? Header or De-Smogged manifold?

I have both an early non-smog and a plugged later L20B. Of course I'm running the early one, but the late one can be a great spare or bargaining chip.

Glad to hear it was nothing major man. This means itll be done soon? Gonna be at canby?

canby is till up in the air,

there is nothing wrong with the engine, but it still needs put back together.

With my job i can not come to work with ANY kind of trace of dirt on my hands.

and not haveing my own place to work on the car, it can be really hard to get any work done.

Im hoping i can make the time by canby but i just cant say yes or no that it will be there.

I should be there, not sure if im camping but i will be at canby.

Great to hear, man. Now get that thing ready for Canby. :cool: