ghost flamed goon make- over

victory

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Bet He Messed With Photoshop For Hours :lol:

Actually we didnt just talked about it originally i was thinking about just redoing the ghost flames, and james said well what about two toning? And we went on from there looked at a few...So i said that looks cool! James picked out green as the top color, But i wanted Red that looks so cool when i saw the color chart.... Finish product as you see it....

I know we are all a bunch of picture whores so on with it.

Windshield went in Thursday, and that evening a friend came by to help with the buffing.

Sand the complete upper are of the goon with 1500 grit dry DA

DSC04021.jpg

DSC04023.jpg

Then 3000 grit wet

DSC04018.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

Then buff

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04030.jpg

DSC04032.jpg

Then polish

DSC04028.jpg

DSC04033.jpg

Then clean your ass off

DSC04031.jpg

DSC04027.jpg

Then have a beer

DSC04015.jpg

It always amazes me the work that goes in to a complete paint job. Hours and hours then you think you are done, more hours and hours

Once the car is painted to do a good job cutting and buffing 2 guys most the day.

And you still have to put the car back together

Next install painted mirrors and finishing cleaning compound

The owner can't pick it up for a week + so it will sit. It will be at the next swapmeet. Mar 6 Sactown

I never buff engine bays, just spray wet very wet. if it runs it usually runs in a seam, and you can run the clear to the frame rail ezly. All the engine bays that have gottin runs on, no one has noticed. Some times I will get an ice sickle and leave it, as it is my trade mark, patent pending :P

We all went to P-town for 11 hours then came home. Got there at 12, and left the next day at 11am. Phil is here he has a car tore apart in the driveway. He is not going anywhere for awhile

My gawd, where do you guys get the time to do all these projects?! I'm always amazed at how much work you're able to get accomplished.

Well, I have a house painting business and there is not a lot of that going on. The little work we do have, I have my foreman do, keeps him from leaving. And us from retraining someone new.

Also we are training Phil for auto body and paint. Atom helps alot, Tiki helps out alot also.

Some long hours in the shop.

When Atom decided to get his done and painted he worked in the shop til 4-5am. Kicks ur ass a little but 12-16 hours days really move project along.

I also think consistency is a key.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everybody for the positive comment. Also thank you my wonderful wife for the long hours of help. Maybe we will see this one at the Sac swap meet march 6th

We will try but snow might not allow the car out of the garage we had 4 foot of snow last weekend and expecting another 4 foot this weekend

I know we are all a bunch of picture whores so on with it.

DSC04027.jpg

I know i have never personally seen a sedan delivery 510 wagon that looked RIGHT, but in this picture, it sure makes one think it`s possible ..At least in my mind..

Thank you for the great pictures.