ghost flamed goon make- over

victory

The project we are working on now is a really nice ghost flamed goon that some of you may have seen before. James painted this goon 13 years ago for the Wong Family. Unfortunately the hood flew up and caused some damage. So now its getting a make over. The projects usually start with me sanding everything and getting the car ready for James to do his magic.

Here are a pic of the goon before we started.

IMG_0116.jpg

Nice goon right

Here is where we started, hood, cowl, and hood hinges took the most damage. We also wanted to fix a lead cracking problem, and mirror holes.

DSC03196.jpg

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03200.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

Pull the glass to melt the lead

DSC03202.jpg

DSC03206.jpg

Melt the lead

DSC03208.jpg

DSC03209.jpg

DSC03210.jpg

DSC03211.jpg

DSC03212.jpg

DSC03213.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix damaged hood, but with a color change in mind decide to paint the inside of the hood satin black, to match the engine bay.

Sand blasted the new hinges and painted them at the same time.

Prepping the hood

P1010343.jpg

Painting a number of item black at the same time.

P1010410-1.jpg

P1010419.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

98% done with this redo, so excited how things have turned out, we could not wait to show everyone.

Morning coffee

DSC03528.jpg

Triple teaming, is that Philertitties

DSC03534.jpg

Drill? What is that drill for? After driving this goon and having no rear visibility because of the bad ass baby turbos mirrors hanging off the side of the doors. I talk the owner into letting me pick and install different mirrors on this goon. He has no idea. The new mirrors fit and look great on this thing. I had to modify the window areas of the front doors. Weld in a mounting plate and attach.

DSC03542.jpg

See that poop under the area I'm welding? That stuff is call heat shield. Keeps other ares that you are welding around cool. Looks like poop, feels like poop, but doesn't smell like poop.

DSC03550.jpg

DSC03551.jpg

DSC03561.jpg

DSC03552.jpg

And now you can see what is behind you

DSC03604.jpg

Now with the mirrors out of the way, we can get back to sanding. I just love to sand. And after you sand all day you dream about sanding (and not n a good way).

Prepping the window frames for black, and prepping the mirrors. Since we are painting black we will go ahead and paint a few other things that will fit in the booth.

DSC03711.jpg

DSC03716.jpg

DSC03718.jpg

DSC03722.jpg

DSC03737.jpg

DSC03738.jpg

Phil is making that hood look good.

DSC03599.jpg

DSC03600.jpg

thats the way my mirrors should have been done.

can you fit the stock trim on?

out of the way, we can get back to sanding. I just love to sand. And after you sand all day you dream about sanding

And the sanding goes on!

I think I'm done sanding!

DSC03954.jpg

Nope just been sucking to many fumes.

No more ghost flames. Doing goes flames is a large amount of work. I gave the owner options and this is the way we figure would be a new over all look without painting jambs etc. We almost did not paint it a 2 tone and flamed it with radical colors. He's happy and all of us who worked on it are happy.