whats the story behind "Foxy Datsun" ?

Skib

so what is the history of Foxy Datsun?

foxydatsun.jpg

a friend of mine texts me yesterday and says

"What does this mean? Its a card board sign that says foxy datsun!you want it? Its 12 bucks!"

with this picture attached....

imagejpeg952.jpg

I knew what it was cuz Iv seen the image before so I said fuck yeah! but Iv got no idea of the specific history.

someone enlighten me :cool: cuz I just scored a sweet sign for $12 :lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen one picture of a Datsun with that decal on it. I think it was a thread on Ratsun from a couple years ago.

The top picture I grabbed off of eBay back in 1998. I don't think I bid on it but it might be somewhere in my box of Datsun junk.

lol ya Iv been searching for info and thats the only thing I could find, I snagged that pic from you :P

she dropped the cutout by today and its like 1.5-2 feet tall

It is a decal.

See what you miss by not going to the NWDE monthly meet?

(look on the wing window)

zippy_rear_side.jpg

NWDE meetings are a long ass drive for me.

Iv seen that pic actually, I was just wondering where it came from. Iv seen it around but theres no info on it anywhere

I have seen one picture of a Datsun with that decal on it. I think it was a thread on Ratsun from a couple years ago.

The top picture I grabbed off of eBay back in 1998. I don't think I bid on it but it might be somewhere in my box of Datsun junk.

That giant orange with the face on it scares me :blink: ... :lol:

I actually want to remake them... MMMMmmm... Has anyone noticed that it has the artist signature in the bottom?

I wonder if this sticker was something like Goki makes? An artist with an idea that wanted to share.

This is one a cleaned up and modified some. I added the white on the tail, chest and added a smile.

I see on the poster. The tail tip is white? And so is the chest? All the stickers I see are all brown... :(

foxyfinal1.jpg

That's my roadster with the decal. (It's not on the car anymore - was just a bit too "goofy retro".)

They were made by Vitachrome in the 70's, my guess is as part of a series of "cool car decals" to buy at Pep Boys and such. Bet they did "Bitchin' Camaro" and "Sassy Studebaker" too.....

IMG_3031.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a box Full of these and 3 more in as new NOS condition. There is a artist signature on it tho but I do not know who it is. I believe it's Gomez. Right? Well I just sold an original Datsun Ad Agency Art signed by artist M. Trainor called DATSUN IN A NUT SHELL dated 4/76. A Mint Leaf Green B210 inside of a giant nut shell held open by a man with a Whitefro wearing bell bottoms which I had bought from his daughter in Bakersfield. A very nice lady BTW :). I know it's not him at least Still yes very cool, just wish we new more history about it and the stories of these artists who made these in the day.