68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2eDeYe;12175'']What do you have to cut?

O yeah they fit into 620's to :D I had to cut the crap out of my headlight buckets, the projects are really deap. In a 510 the inner fender well needs a little hammer action. I had to cut some of the project to get it to fit into what was left of the bucket. I feel my mod was 8 out of 10... Well once I get them on and adjusted I will know better. I think they look sweet though :D I have heard with the US spec projectors the inner fender well doesn't need to be hammered. I have never tried them myself so I cannot confirm this... Green bastard has the US spec projectors so I bet he would answer a PM :D

• 1 month later...

Well if you guys are wondering where I have been.... :D

P1010029.JPG

P1010028.JPG

The wiper motor on the 68 impedes the valve cover :( ..... more welding...

P1010027.JPG

P1010025.JPG

P1010024.JPG

P1010030.JPG

P1010031.JPG

P1010032.JPG

P1010033.JPG

The radiator hose is only on temporary by the way :D

P1010034.JPG

Check it out Frank!!!

P1010035.JPG

Thanks for the euro lenses Hainz :D

P1010045.JPG

Seat fit with the exhaust tunnel to :D Just like I planned :D

P1010042.JPG

I got rid of the stupid proportioning valve, I found a T on a roadster axle :D

P1010041.JPG

P1010038.JPG

I love wires :D

P1010046.JPG

I space the heater box of the fire wall so I could run the heater hoses in the cabin.

P1010048.JPG

HHmmmm Wide ban and O2 :D

Thanks guys :)

You planning a heat sheild between the turbo and the m/c?? :)

I didn't before and it was fine, I do plan on one for the future though :) since I only have 10 days left I the shop I'm just kinda throwing it togather so I can drive it :)

just hook it up to switched power. or are you having trouble mounting it?

My problem is I don't have that much room. I'm going to use a 200sx inline thermal switch like I did in my 620. The smallest fan I want to go with is 12", I want some good air flow. I also want to build a tin shroud so the air will pull evenly over the rad, unlike my 620, the fan is zip tied directly to the radiator.

Very nice work Icehouse. I have a 280ZX master cylinder heat shield you can have. Maybe use it for ideas or cut it to fit.

That engine with the aluminum radiator and intercooler just look so good in that car. I like it. :D Almost as good looking as a VQ35DE in a three fiddy Zee!

I'm assuming that you don't have room for the fan between the IC and the rad. There's nothing wrong with straping it directly to the fins, just get the biggest fan you can fit, and it'll work fine.

Its just more efficient with a proper shroud... Washington weather it should be fine dam near all the time :D It looks like its going to be directly mounted due to lack of room...

2eDeYe;15656']So your moving? In the midst of a build?

Bag and tag everything ;)

I'm sure you have already but after moving recently that's the advice I'd have given myself...:P

I want to have the car done before I move :D

Very nice work Icehouse. I have a 280ZX master cylinder heat shield you can have. Maybe use it for ideas or cut it to fit.

That engine with the aluminum radiator and intercooler just look so good in that car. I like it. :D Almost as good looking as a VQ35DE in a three fiddy Zee!

Owww I wouldn't mind a factory heat shield :D

That is a VQ35DE! I took off all the plastic hehe :D

P1010051.JPG

I cut a most of the brake lines out a few years ago..... now I'm paying the price... I guess brakes are important though :D

P1010055.JPG

You guys can call me the crylon kid :D

P1010059.JPG

The fender isn't bolted on yet... I still need to do some wiring and finish up the fuel lines. I just thought it would be a cool pic :D

P1010061.JPG

Thanks frank for the shinny diffy :D

P1010062.JPG

Thanks Byron for the brackets, I hope they work as good as they look :D hehe

P1010063.JPG

you dont have time to take cool pictures haha it looks so sweet

Haha I couldn't resist :D I just twisted the wires to a jumper box, you can see it in the corner :D Dude I got some serious hours in yesterday :D I'm printing some wiring stuff for today :D

I've got a factory original unpainted 280ZX master cylinder heat shield! (oh wait, thats at my apartment now) but I might be able to find another at the house. I also have a speaker box for a 12" sub. Either you or your buddy can use it in the wrecked 510. :(

Jeff writes

Thanks for the Euro Lenses!

Those are the 2 bulb small housings.

Paulo might want 300$ on Ebay for a set of those!!!!!!!

I bet he has a stack of them rotting in the bushes....

I've got a factory original unpainted 280ZX master cylinder heat shield! (oh wait, thats at my apartment now) but I might be able to find another at the house. I also have a speaker box for a 12" sub. Either you or your buddy can use it in the wrecked 510. :(

Thanks dude :D

I got a new pic for you guys to :D

P1010066.JPG