mklotz70 1969 wgn

mklotz70

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike - will this thing have a "For Sale" sign on it at Canby? I told Kim that there is a good possibility we find a Datto that we just can't live without when we are there! :P

I doubt it will last that long. It may be gone in the next day or two. Besides, you need something besides a wgn... Which you already have one of....I'm thinking the NL will be much cuter for your wife to be seen in :)

The deed is done....it pulled away about 45min ago. The new owner is Reese....great guy. He's either going to take over this thread and continue it or we'll put up a link to one he starts. :) Funny....at the moment, I just don't feel that bad about letting that one go. Wonder how I'll feel about letting the NL go?! :)

The deed is done....it pulled away about 45min ago. The new owner is Reese....great guy. He's either going to take over this thread and continue it or we'll put up a link to one he starts. :) Funny....at the moment, I just don't feel that bad about letting that one go. Wonder how I'll feel about letting the NL go?! :)

the red n black one?

yes...the red/black one :) Melvin's new home has already been decided.

I agree....we'll see how much if any regret slips in. I think he's going to have the burn for it that I didn't have. I did have fun hammering on it during the test drive :) I'm sure I'll be in it's life for a good bit longer....I just don't have to do the un-fun work on it! :)

And the torch passes! Well Bronxsdatto, you couldn't have bought that dime from a better and more stand up dude than Mike Klotz! Dude is a freakin legend. Congrats!

(Are you driving this puppy back to Milwaukie?)

Thank you Scott! Coming from a guy of your caliber and credibility.....that's a huge compliment!!! :)

He did drive it back to Milwaukie....which is a suburb of Portland....even closer to Canby than I am :)

Glad to see you on here Reese! I'm looking forward to seeing you give it the time and love that I couldn't.

I'm sure some guys would probably cry if they saw some of the parts that went with that car. I didn't realize that the spare '69 dash I had for it was so perfect!! Not a crack in it!! All the new parts I've bought for it....rear wheel cylinders...wiper arms...rear axle bearings(in addition to the ones I put on the car)....a few pretty rare stock parts too. I'm sure I'll still do some work on 510's, but I'm pretty much out of the 510 game for awhile. As much as I love the wgn, I've always been more entrenched in the trucks anyway. I'm kind of a bit relieved to have a major project off my shoulders. Reese's uncle is a datsun fanatic and has the tools and facilities to help this project happen. :)

When Reese starts a build thread, we'll post a link to it here so people can continue to follow it.

Reese.....I hope you realize just how many pics you're going to have to take/post on this car!!! :)

100_3151.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest kamakazi620

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this car lately? New owner made two posts then evaporated. I miss (and learned alot from) this wagon and hoped it would stay around.

Yeah i met Homeboy a few months ago,that wagoon was at a house by a gas station i frequent so i stopped by and BS'd awhile.

New owner made two posts then evaporated???????

This happens alot on Ratsun.

Wheres Bunchy and that nice orange wagon????????????

another guy few years ago. was going to make a drift wagaon. (also a nice wagon) GONE!!!!!!!!

I pulled my Rising Sun beater 4dr out from a back lot 23years ago and its still driving. it not a KA/SR or anything. Just a L motor but its still getting thumbs ups!!!!!Guess its not cool to have a L motor.

Personally I think they relize thay cant maintain a old car with their current income.Not practical daily driver. Only have 1 car. Ect........

I wish it could be better but its just the way it is.

But Ratsun has alot of Activity. best chance to attemp to help soembody but Ratsun also has a High failure of completion . Example, I pulled wire harness out ,next selling car cause no time to finnish. Most likely it was just a highbeam relay bad or corroded connection.

However doesnt mean the car is not around,just because hes not on the computer. soembody will know, but a high chance its not running anymore

• Like 1