• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

lol 4th page already

did a small parking lot 1st gear drift in the wet today, fuckin great stuff lol

anyways, got my spare steering rack and front crossmember and all related parts from my parts car from my friend today (originally gave it to him; didn't think I was gonna use it, now I want to)

turns out I can't use S13 inner tie rods for the cool blingage factor which sucks balls, but oh well, I think I have some plans to gain steering angle from the rack anyways. here are pictures to explain it (sorry in advance for the dirty parts, but I didn't feel like cleaning them up):

DSC00089.jpg

^this side of the picture shows basically what it looks like assembled; the right side shows what each of the parts look like taken apart.

DSC00092.jpg

this is what the inner tie rod looks like when attached to the steering rack up close

DSC00094.jpg

this is what the other side looks like with everything taken off, as you can see the steering rack itself is threaded, instead of the other way around with S13's.

DSC00093.jpg

that square, flat nut is a jam nut to hold the inner tie-rod in place, and you can see how the tie-rod threads onto the rack.

DSC00095.jpg

and this is one of the knuckles I modified a while back then powder coated, compared to a stock length one. I don't really plan on using it, however, since I have other plans. I will keep these as a backup just in case I change my mind later on, though.

then it was my fate

indeed 'twas.

oh, and I also found out Koni is made chock full of win and can not only revalve my shocks, but also convert them to externally adjustable and maybe possibly even double adjustable! :o

so now I'm not doing S13 front suspension, but I need to decide if I want Z31 tubes or my stock S130 tubes... if I use Z31 tubes some lucky dog on here could possibly end up with my world famous strut tubes!

Pretty soon, ye will have much avoidance in clarity of view that the portals to the world of ye moving contraption, ye wouldn'st attain to proper direction for lack of vision. Arrrrr-maty!

And the ding in the bum should'st one turn down their thumb? For I say perfection is not the answer, but play.