S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just finished installing my new walbrotato fuel pump! my old one was going out and was getting louder and louder and the car was running worse and worse everyday, so I decided to finally change it out. I'm proud of my little stock pump lasting as long as she did! *tears up*

no pictars however, I got off from work and got to it, and then drove around for an hour till I found the right hose <_<

stupid external pumps >:U

Hey guys, looking for some opinions.

first, I've been wanting SO bad to do a brake upgrade on the front of my car (and also get rid of the front spacers).

my first thought was to go to NA Z31 strut tubes and 4 lug hubs, have them milled down to accept Z32 rotors and run Q45 calipers, then lengthen the control arm about an inch or so (with adaptors under the ball joints) (to correct for the positive camber that Z31 struts would give me) along with adding heim joints to the control arm instead of bushings, and then also doing the T/C rods with heim joints.

HOWEVER This would require me to completely redo what I've already done... (of course, I kinda wanna change the color scheme up a bit as well)

my second thought would be to add heim joints to the control arms and T/C rods, lengthen the control arms but keep the 280ZX struts and make adaptors to bold the Q45 calipers and Z32 rotors and whatnot

HOWEVER This would be almost as much work as the other option. and would give me moar negative camber on the front wheels. (how much is unknown)

OR I could just make caliper adaptors and run Z32 calipers and Z32 rotors and machine the hubs to accept the Z32 rotors

HOWEVER this would require me to keep the one inch spacers I have :/

I would like to note that I've got spares of pretty much everything, except the Z31 strut tubes and Q45 calipers and Z31 hubs.

^thought about that, but that's a whole mess of headaches since no one's actually completed the swap yet. I'd also have to get new coilovers, and I would cheap out on those, so that's another grand I'd have to spend when I already like my Koni shocks as-is.

Also, with the Z32 calipers it's not the type of hub it's going on, it's the fact that my wheels are flat-faced on the back, and the Z32 calipers stick past the rotor about an inch or so, which is where the contact issure occurs ;)