"JDM" is the new rice

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

im in san jose cali and i can truly say i see at least 3 of those wakaba leafs a day......

just yesterday i saw one on a bmw and he also had "JDM as F*ck" on his license plate :frantics: :no:

^^^^ hahahahahahah^^^^^ guess he inhereted DADDYS old beemer cuz daddy didnt wanna pay 8500 for a "JDM" civi SI!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Actually, I disagree. In the Northwest, diesels are the new rice. Every asshole and his dumbshit redneck brother thinks that unless you're belching 100% black smoke all over the roadway, it's just not powerful enough. I know a few guys with a decent tune that doesn't belch smoke, but most are just crap. In fact, I saw a Ford with "If it ain't diesel, it ain't shit!" across his windshield. Wanted to find the owner and kick him in the nuts. Except the truck was at auction at the time, probably repoed.

What's funny is when you finally break a Cummins or a Powerpuke, the average moron doesn't have the knowledge or the money to fix the stupid things. Not saying I don't like Diesels, just saying there should be an IQ test to own one! :) Of course I have that feeling with most cars.

I think with any of these styles what it comes down to is how well the car is done and what car it is. I have the ability to respect something that someone has put lots of work into even if I don't like it personally.

there is good rice and bad rice

likewise with Bozo and JDM

what I meant by cars is that a Dodge Neon or Ford Focus should not have a body kit.

The way I see ricers and people who are "JDM" are both are people who are trying to be something that they are not. Rice is pretty obvious with body kits and fart cans thinking they are race cars. The JDM image is the same with people who think their cars are JDM by buying bolt on parts like coilovers and wheels then slamming it then all of a sudden it's "JDM." Same goes with those green and yellow arrow-ish stickers.

I'm not saying what we do to our Datsuns is the same; it is most certainly not. We actually do custom fab work to get shit done here, and to those Honda guys who do real fab work my hat's off to them.

And one last thing- rattle can paintjobs do not make your car JDM. End of rant.[/code]

Well to me its each to his own. I mean the new fads yellow fogs, bike rack, stretched tires, extreme pointless negative camber? It used to be bodykits and bozouko(however you spell it) crap that was in, so pick your poison.

Bike racks are a JDM fad? What kind of retard sense does that make?

I disagree. The whole JDM thing has been around for a while, and I never really considered it rice because for the most part cars were modified with performance in mind. To me the whole "Hellaflush" and "Stance" thing is the new rice. Stupidly stretched tires on rims that don't really fit, roof racks, stupidly low ride heights (and I like low cars), all thing done is the quest for "the look." No regards to performance what so ever. To me that is rice.

I'll take "JDM" over Rice any day. Its becoming rare to see a civic with a body kit and a fart can anymore (at least where I live) and I'm happy. Sometimes things change for the better sometimes for the worst.

Seems like its still growing here.

Shoot last night at PIR there was a CRX that was loud a shit! But, it wasn't going anywhere fast. So stupid..<_<

I don't know how there not embarrassed. lol.

Yeah, that cream thread had a bunch of pics with stretched tires on fat rims. RETARDED! And dangerous! A 10" wide rim was not meant to fit a 7" wide tire! Probably the only reason they don't blow every five seconds is because none of those super "cherry" rides is ever driven as in autocross.