"JDM" is the new rice

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think the whole "JDM" thing has jumped the shark just like, OEM, NOS, Ground Up Resto, DUBS and whatever other bullshit has rolled down the hill. Pro Touring and Rat Rod also need to be placed in that group and "Traditional" is not far behind.

Just build what you want and try to do the best you can, but, if you feel like posing, then go be a model! VOGUE Dammit!! :lol:

It seems people are really concerned sbout other peoples cars and how and what to hate about them :P Personally I Love the Bozo, JDM, Rat Rod, and even some of the Wack VW shits. It gives me inspiration for my cars, and there are some sexy differences in the "JDM" cars. Inspiration comes in many forms, so do cars and they all have thier place! Some of them belong in my driveway, some far away. ;)

• Like 1

It depends on what context you use "JDM" in. If your saying the replica missouri gateway arch you bought for the back of your civic is "JDM" then your just a fucktard rice boy. Now if you refer to your car as "JDM" because it was made in japan and is an import and not a japanese named car built in america, then your ok. This is just my opinion though.

It seems all of the japanese manufactures have driven the american auto makers to canada and mexico and now all the rice kids, who buy newer honda's and toyota's think they are JDM even though there cars are built in america with american parts and are designed in america.

I don't think my wheels are "JDM" ........ Because when did the Japanese Domestic Market offer a 16x9 Watanabe?

The only reason they fit under my flares is because of the stock rear camber....

The tires are 225/45/16 and they are streched a little........... it looks fine to me.....

I think the only part on my car that is actually "JDM" are the tailights......... and you can go FUCK yourself if you think Bluebird tails look like rice......

I also think civics are crap...... and calling a civic JDM because it has some knock off steering wheel and kragen pod gauges is the lamest thing since popped collars.

See: : Check out my sweet new JDM wheels....... yo:

510dat2.JPG

Oh wait that looks kinda like ricey,,,, oh well I guess it looks better than wheels that were actually made in Japan:

8851012.bmp.jpg

Yeah that looks like total crap....... I'm putting USDM wheels and tailights back on

To an extent that is true.

The phrase is more "rice" then the thing itself. I see more kids running around saying "I GOT JDM" or "I ORDERED JDM." Who cares if it's JDM? Buy it and put it on your damn car. If it looks good, it looks good. No need to run around yelling about it.

For that matter, I'd rather see a fast car that looks stock then a slow car that looks gay.

These tail lights look way better than stock. I like the rims better too..... so right back at ya. :lol:

Tail lights should be:

1/ Large

2/ all the way across the back if possible.

What can I say, I owned a '69 Charger.:D

JDM parts are nice but they are just like parts in the usa you have to use them or install them with taste. seems like people are just buying or slapping on things just to be all in your face or to prove a point. sometimes a bit overdone but I guess to each is their own.

JDM parts are nice but they are just like parts in the usa you have to use them or install them with taste. seems like people are just buying or slapping on things just to be all in your face or to prove a point. sometimes a bit overdone but I guess to each is their own.

Oh I agree! It's like being a slave to fashion.

Meh, when it comes to what people think looks good, you will have a million different opinions, and often no matter what you do, someone will almost always find something they don't like about your car. The goal, if you don't want to get laughed at, is to fix your car the way people around you tell you to. Otherwise, learn to deal with criticism.

With that being said, weren't wheels are made wider so you can fit bigger tires on them, not the other way around? I thought the back should be lifted to fit bigger tires under it, not lowered so even low profiles will rub. Whenever I see a car with excessive negative camber it makes me think of the old cartoons where they showed jalopies with sagging wheels and springs...

So yeah, I have never really liked the JDM or ricer thing.

I am going to speak on my opinion or what I see and may get some flack from some but here goes. my first car when I was 16 was a 240Z. I did mods to it with what money I made but never could afford or knew much about JDM parts but most of what was in japan was here at the time for the Z's. when I got my 86 civic I knew of all the jdm stuff in the 90's but never bought much of it as it was expensive and hard to get but did like it as the parts were used in good form. did not look or seem all out of place like how things are being used now. Even when I worked on Hondas I liked those cars a lot and liked a lot of the JDM parts and mainly wheels but did not go nuts with everything JDM. what got me out of hondas was the negative youth mentality associated with the cars and the groups associated with them. I got back into datsuns years ago and picked up my wagon and I enjoy it a lot and really enjoy the driving aspect of the car but now I see a lot of younger guys getting into datsuns or old school imports which is cool but they are approaching the mods like how they approach hondas. I see a lot of posts on here and the realm with items like carbon fiber everything or how low can I go or how much hp can a particular motor make. I get worried the honda crowd which is usually associated with a bad reputation will make the old school import crowd or scene a bit tainted. I love my old school import but don't want to get lumped in with people thinking my car has a loud obnoxious muffler or super low road scrapers or with lights all over in and out. I really like seeing tastefully modded old school imports JDM parts or not or cars done well and not so in your face. I guess it is a free world and to each is their own but please try to keep these great old school imports alive and not modding or butchering them to death.

When I see the honduh's that sound like a pissed off bee in a beer can I just want to run the damned things over... but I hate picking fag rice outta my 720's grill!! I just point and laugh at the huge wing, body kits, stickers and all the other crap when they have the stock motor under the hood. Cold air intake alone does not make it a sport car :fu: And keep in mind kids, the bigger the tailpipe, the more potatoes I can kick in there!!