Little Red Wagon...

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of paint, regardless of how much I hate it, a while ago I decided I wanted to convert to 71' JDM light and badge configuration. Been collecting the parts and while parts were at the coaters, I tackled the project. Shaved the front and rear lights and cut in the NOS arrows.

ccDwt6x.jpg

71JQQjF.jpg

OKRMIHy.jpg

Still a ways from new paint so these will be shot in more of the same "close enough" red spray paint :D

• Like 5

While I had everything stripped, I finished the underside ready for reassembly. I cleaned, prepped, seam sealed and undercoated all the new work to match what I did years ago. Been holding up really well so I stuck with the same old product ;)

nX6ozwm.jpg

• Like 3

Joel can you post or PM me some pics of the back side of the rear hatch trim plates. How did you get yours with clips in them already or ? The ones i got look like they have clips ont he top and bottom and 1 screw hole on each side. I dont have the license plate wrap around like you and the ones i got were cut so i am just going to make them nice and rock them on the 71.

Also if you dont have one already i got a bumper license plate light if you need one. Pretty damm good shape and the lens is not cracked.

• Like 1

The side trims originally mounted with four plastic clips. I have all the clips but considering how precious these are to me, I'll be mounting them with 3m molding tape. There were no screws originally so I'm afraid a previous owner likely added those when the for mentioned clips gave it up. I'll be getting to the restoration coverage soon and I'll detail the steps I take to mount the package ;)

• Like 2

dibs on your marker lights andit looks like your inner rear fenders have already been trimmed like i timmed mine to accept the irs wish bone x member.....right above your two post lift mounting pad.... whre the mounting pad is i removed that sheet metal to allow the oem from mount to go up in there and it works perfect.... text me if u wanna sell those markers... ..looking good !!!

• Like 1

dibs on your marker lights andit looks like your inner rear fenders have already been trimmed like i timmed mine to accept the irs wish bone x member.....right above your two post lift mounting pad.... whre the mounting pad is i removed that sheet metal to allow the oem from mount to go up in there and it works perfect.... text me if u wanna sell those markers... ..looking good !!!

Didn't have to trim those actually... That area is all factory metal. Only area I needed to modify was the bump perch c notch.

• Like 1

Got a little Shop time in last night... Finish mounted the custom pillowball top hats up front.

rT6uxHH.jpg

I'll miss the molded camber plates but with the bag diameter what it is, I had no choice but to center things up and restor factory caster. All and all I'm happy with the alternative finished product.

u0eDchK.jpg

• Like 8