Little Red Wagon...

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished up restoring that steering wheel everyone could care less about except for me :rofl:

v0EdMHP.jpg

Removed the glitter tan (lol) paint it was delivered with from Japan. Powder coated the base black and painted the details with single stage silver with a satin clear.

nsQjJWg.jpg

Replated all the hardware and polished the plastic wheel.

UATTwxt.jpg

And done! 67' 1600 bluebird steering wheel in her all original glory :)

• Like 11

Just finished up restoring that steering wheel everyone could care less about except for me :rofl:

Oddly, the only stock wheel I really like is the 240Z. And maybe the 210 coupe. And B210 GX. Okay, I seem to like a lot of them, so never mind...    ^_^

Nice work.  :thumbup:

• Like 3

So one problem I noticed the other day is that with as low as the front end gets aired out, the angles on the suspension are extreme. More over the tc rods are binding before I even reach full dump (had to loosen the nut to even get close)

NgQJ7dt.jpg

So I decided it was time for some adjustable tc rods. After looking at the pros and cons of different designs, I decided futofab has exactly what I would consider the perfect solution for my needs. Now I usually make it a point to build and fab everything on this car myself, but considering I'd be 100% copying Daves design, I made an exception just this once (lol).

vjJ11WS.jpg

Not only will this save time, but I'm also an advocate of supporting the people who take the time to produce their great ideas. Beautiful part Dave, thanks again!

• Like 9

Thanks DF, I was going to ask the same question. I was wondering what kind of joint was under there. I would never have thought of using an inner tie rod style joint. Those are some very nice units, but no surprises, I haven't seen but quality design and production from there