6th Annual JCCS - 9.12.2010 Sunday at the Queen Mary!!

Burabuda

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys know that there was an all american car show for free like a mile away from the show? I found it by luck.

I paid 12 buxs for parking for JCCS and 8 buxs to get in... WTH? Then people cant bring in their own food or water into the event? I wasted 45 minutes looking for parking and trying to get it. I swear this even was a big disappoint for me. I was only expecting to waste like 12 buxs. And they ran out of water!!! WTH?!!! I wanted to stay for a while more. But hungry and thirsty, I decided to leave early.

The American show was real nice. Free and lots of parking. How come JCCS cant be like this? Was does JCCS have to be so expensive? I was expecting the American car show to be twice as much in price. But there was food everywhere and water and cool cars. Not only that. But it was public! No gates, no guards, no nothing. It made my crappy day fantastic! Sorry... But I had to rant on this...

Did you guys know that there was an all american car show for free like a mile away from the show? I found it by luck.

I paid 12 buxs for parking for JCCS and 8 buxs to get in... WTH? Then people cant bring in their own food or water into the event? I wasted 45 minutes looking for parking and trying to get it. I swear this even was a big disappoint for me. I was only expecting to waste like 12 buxs. And they ran out of water!!! WTH?!!! I wanted to stay for a while more. But hungry and thirsty, I decided to leave early.

The American show was real nice. Free and lots of parking. How come JCCS cant be like this? Was does JCCS have to be so expensive? I was expecting the American car show to be twice as much in price. But there was food everywhere and water and cool cars. Not only that. But it was public! No gates, no guards, no nothing. It made my crappy day fantastic! Sorry... But I had to rant on this...

Any time you want to step up and put on a car show of this size just let Koji & Terry know. I'm sure they will let you take over.

Or better yet buy yourself an American classic and go to them. Oh wait you can't afford $12.00 So buying a classic is out of the question. Where was this show of american cars. In a parking lot at some restaurant?

Like I said before you should have entered your truck. It would have only set you back a few more $$ And you would have some free stuff.

Or you could have just stayed home and waited for the pic's to come up here. And saved yourself a whoppin $20.00

Wow what a show! So many clean rides & i got to meet alot of new Ratsun people which to me is half the fun.

My only "input" is id like to see the classes broken down a bit more. For example have a few 620 classes such as "stock" & "modified".

Then again i dont go for an award & I'll be back next year. Hats off to Teri & Koji & staff for the hard work.

Ill be posting my pics in the JCCS pic thread..stay tuned.

Wow what a show! So many clean rides & i got to meet alot of new Ratsun people which to me is half the fun.

My only "input" is id like to see the classes broken down a bit more. For example have a few 620 classes such as "stock" & "modified".

Then again i dont go for an award & I'll be back next year. Hats off to Teri & Koji & staff for the hard work.

Ill be posting my pics in the JCCS pic thread..stay tuned.

At least they had a "Datsun Truck" class. I remember a time not so long ago when JCCS only had a "Best Truck" class.

I agree with you on the stock and modified thing but, breaking down the class further would be a little much considering the 620 domination.

The best truck did win IMHO, that super sanitary, blue '66 520.

Honestly, I liked it better at the water park. It was roomier and easier to navigate. Everything felt bunched up at this location and the crap Toyota truck and trailer should be left out to make more room! For Datsuns!!!

Some new stuff, old friends and good weather. Then off to Cisco Burgers for lunch. Great burgers and easy to get to! Highly recommend!!

See you next year!

ur right ther were tons of datsuns ray! was it like 60ish 510s alone??? but out of all of them... the 510 goons are still number 1 :).......

and ray california girls.... :blink: ...... :rofl:

Gotta love them California girls bro.....the GOONS were well represented out there for sure. That's the most I've ever seen at one time.

what a turn out! i have never seen 5 610s all in one place before. i don't think anyone else has either, unless they worked for Datsun back in the day. i was mostly impressed in the way most everyone exited without showing off their track skills. bravo 510 guys!!!! i think the heavy police presence had some influence. Along with all of the Datsuns, there were some Bad Ass Brand X cars too, like that little micro Jeep Suzuki for an example.

Peace

So happy Lisa and I were able to go down and I have to say that we had the pleasure of spending the weekend with some of the nicest and most generous people we have ever had the pleasure of hanging out with. Just wanted to extend a big thank you to Lawrence Keller (BRE510) his wife Liz and daughter Alisa as well as Duane his son Miles and his friend Zeek. Totaly made the weekend so worth the trip even if we wouldnt have attended the show. Thank you again guys, it was a pleasure!

Clayton and Lisa

Dont get me wrong, the show was awsome as well as seeing the rest of the Ratsun'ers and it was nice to meet some new people with the same addiction as we have. Cant wait for JCCS 2011 cause we will be back! (Probably with multiple cars, lol). Uploading pictures soon... Will post in the oics thread.

So happy Lisa and I were able to go down and I have to say that we had the pleasure of spending the weekend with some of the nicest and most generous people we have ever had the pleasure of hanging out with. Just wanted to extend a big thank you to Lawrence Keller (BRE510) his wife Liz and daughter Alisa as well as Duane his son Miles and his friend Zeek. Totaly made the weekend so worth the trip even if we wouldnt have attended the show. Thank you again guys, it was a pleasure!

Clayton and Lisa

Dont get me wrong, the show was awsome as well as seeing the rest of the Ratsun'ers and it was nice to meet some new people with the same addiction as we have. Cant wait for JCCS 2011 cause we will be back! (Probably with multiple cars, lol). Uploading pictures soon... Will post in the oics thread.

Claton.

It was good to see you and Lisa again this year. I wish I could have come down to Lawerence's house to hang out. We use to do that once in a while back in the day.

Good people.

And I got to hang out with Dwane for quite a bit on Sunday. Good times. :D

Clayton/Lisa,

Thank you for making it a GREAT weekend. We couldn't have asked for anything better. It was such a blast... Too bad it had to go by so fast. Glad to see you guys made it back safe and sound. We are all glad you guys decided to come down. I'm still smiling ear-to-ear. Can't wait to do a repeat next year :thumbup:

what a turn out! i have never seen 5 610s all in one place before. i don't think anyone else has either, unless they worked for Datsun back in the day. i was mostly impressed in the way most everyone exited without showing off their track skills. bravo 510 guys!!!! i think the heavy police presence had some influence. Along with all of the Datsuns, there were some Bad Ass Brand X cars too, like that little micro Jeep Suzuki for an example.

Peace

5 610s in one place is serious stuff. I only recall this many 610s when I was real little at a used car side of the Datsun (just as the changeover to Nissan happened) dealership. :thumbup:

As for the multiple classes, I still think that there should be a divider on 1200s and Other 10-Series, but I guess I think this way because there will be the occasional 710 (jaimesix), and the potential for 810s, so the class *could* be broadened for this kind of representation. At least the 510s and the trucks have some better classifications, and allows for more competition.

Still an awesome show, can't wait until next year!

Where was the other car show? I would of liked to check that out. You were right it was pricey, but the free bus to Long Beach and food was ok. If its at the Queen Mary I won't go next year. At the water park ok.

Any time you want to step up and put on a car show of this size just let Koji & Terry know. I'm sure they will let you take over.

Or better yet buy yourself an American classic and go to them. Oh wait you can't afford $12.00 So buying a classic is out of the question. Where was this show of american cars. In a parking lot at some restaurant?

Like I said before you should have entered your truck. It would have only set you back a few more $$ And you would have some free stuff.

Or you could have just stayed home and waited for the pic's to come up here. And saved yourself a whoppin $20.00

Hey that was just his opinion. When I got there I had my $8 ready and they said it was $5 that was cool but $12 for parking? I drove from Vegas for this. I think last year was better and it had a better mix of cars. Any way they will have to cap the age of the cars because it will turn into a honda meet as the years go by.

• Like 1

Hey that was just his opinion. When I got there I had my $8 ready and they said it was $5 that was cool but $12 for parking? I drove from Vegas for this. I think last year was better and it had a better mix of cars. Any way they will have to cap the age of the cars because it will turn into a honda meet as the years go by.

Yea and we all have one. Here is mine if you don't have a 20 spot to blow then stay home.

Or find another hobbie that cost less money. JCCS had no control over the parking. That was the Q M.

They charged a fee last two years at the Irvine location. And this was year 6. Should have been no suprise that you would have to pay to park.

When it turns into a honda meet that's when I'll quit going.

• Like 1

Give JCCS a break guys. Where else in the WORLD are you going to find so many people who share the same DATSUN passion than at the annual JCCS. 99% of the people are glad that it's back at the Queen Mary where it belongs.

There are car shows almost every weekend, but none cater to the Japanese classics. If you don't want to pay, don't play. Next time enter your car no matter what condition it's in. You get free admission, free parking, a T-shirt, Meguir's wax, and a day of hanging out with your Datsun buddies. That's well worth the cost of registration.

• Like 1

Give JCCS a break guys. Where else in the WORLD are you going to find so many people who share the same DATSUN passion than at the annual JCCS. 99% of the people are glad that it's back at the Queen Mary where it belongs.

There are car shows almost every weekend, but none cater to the Japanese classics. If you don't want to pay, don't play. Next time enter your car no matter what condition it's in. You get free admission, free parking, a T-shirt, Meguir's wax, and a day of hangout out with your buddies. That's well worth the cost of registration.

Thank's Ray. I would hope others feel like I do. Even at $20.00 where are you going to go and have a good time for $20.00 Shit I think I went thru at least $60.-$80.00 on Sunday.

• Like 1