6th Annual JCCS - 9.12.2010 Sunday at the Queen Mary!!

Burabuda

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit I think I went thru at least $60.-$80.00 on Sunday.

No doubt! I dropped a C-note on beer alone at the last Grand National at Pomona! And with parking, that show cost me 30 bucks to get in the door!

JCCS is still a bargain in my book.

Whiners stay home!

I go to the Moreno valley meet as well. 30 for gas and 15 for food. 45 dollars. I have fun at the moreno valley meet. Dont say that I am a "codo" or a cheap. I spend money where I enjoy myself.

Next time I might register my truck and save my self the hassle. Ready or not.

Say whatever... My opinion stays...

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the show as usual, but I felt that this one was not as well organized as the last 4. I had to wait in line over 15 minutes to enter the show. They only had one person taking money when they should have flexed their staffing to match the crowd. I am not disparaging the show at all and even volunteered at the show 3 years ago (first one at Irvine). I know it is a lot of work and preparation that goes into the show with little recognition.

The Queen Mary location is offers a nice backdrop for a car show, but the Irvine location is much more car show friendly it seemed. The parking arrangement is light-years better. Trying to get out of that damn parking lot results in a major cluster-f***. I will continue to go wherever it is held and fully-support their efforts. However, they do need feedback from the attendees as long as it is constructive.

• Like 1

The only reason JCCS is going strong if for friendship... People come from Arizona, oregon, new mexico, etc. For that at least one day a year everyone will meet up and talk, share ideas, and BS.

2/3 of the cars are most repeats from years past. Why? because they are friends. They enter for that special day they can come and talk and have fun. THAT is what makes JCCS special. No matter what. No matter the cost. No matter the distance or time. People, animals, friends all unite on that special day. That is why I went.... And that is why everyone goes...

• Like 1

Give JCCS a break guys. Where else in the WORLD are you going to find so many people who share the same DATSUN passion than at the annual JCCS. 99% of the people are glad that it's back at the Queen Mary where it belongs.

There are car shows almost every weekend, but none cater to the Japanese classics. If you don't want to pay, don't play. Next time enter your car no matter what condition it's in. You get free admission, free parking, a T-shirt, Meguir's wax, and a day of hanging out with your Datsun buddies. That's well worth the cost of registration.

+1 for the Queen Mary site (if anyone's counting). I also think that the cost of registration is worth the reserved parking spot alone.

For me, the best part is the diversity of cars. All makes and models, from works-of-art to beaters. I only follow Datsuns on the forums and have no business going to Toyotafest or whatever the Mazda, Honda and Subi guys do. So, its nice to be able to go to one place and see a sample of everything.

Actually, the best part is that JCCS gives me the perfect excuse to go on a 2 Day/ 800 mile road trip in my favorite car. :)

• Like 2

+1 For the Queen Mary as well.

I recall the Irvine location for JCCS 4 as being dusty/dirty when you entered. Then, the spongy grass where the cars were parked (at least where the Datsuns were placed that year). There you are with rag in hand to clean off the road dirt when you took the time to clean the car/truck the night before. I have to say the Queen Mary still wins for best backdrop, comfortable weather, and overall good access to and from the freeway.

• Like 1

everyone says ther were all makes and models.... this is true... but not to many beaters.... :P

personally i think this is getting kinda lame pointing out the flaws about jccs even tho there arent any... i mean how often r do u read about 3 pages of things people dont like about canby? i think we should just appreciate what koji and everyone else does, not only for the datsun community but all classic japanese tin.

jccs and canby are the only two classic japanese tin shows that i know of that are on such a large scale... but then again im still new to all this stuff :D

anyways i cant wait for next year! i dont care how much they charge im willing to put up the money to enjoy such and awesome an fun show

Like some others, my JCCS cherry was popped this year too :P

I think I paid more for the MSA Z show a couple years ago and this was a much nicer location and with a variety of J-tin. For an annual event, $45 really is nothing. Save $1.00 a week from this weekend until JCCS 2011 and you're set. $1.00 ;)

• Like 1

Give JCCS a break guys. Where else in the WORLD are you going to find so many people who share the same DATSUN passion than at the annual JCCS. 99% of the people are glad that it's back at the Queen Mary where it belongs.

There are car shows almost every weekend, but none cater to the Japanese classics. If you don't want to pay, don't play. Next time enter your car no matter what condition it's in. You get free admission, free parking, a T-shirt, Meguir's wax, and a day of hanging out with your Datsun buddies. That's well worth the cost of registration.

JCCS is very affordable compared to the Import Showoff scene where you pay $75 and get half the goodies (plus idiot kids who steal your stuff)

JCCS is very affordable compared to the Import Showoff scene where you pay $75 and get half the goodies (plus idiot kids who steal your stuff)

Like spocom. Pretty pricy and no t shirt or goodie bag. I guess the high price is to cover all the stripper chicks. :)

Thank's Ray. I would hope others feel like I do. Even at $20.00 where are you going to go and have a good time for $20.00 Shit I think I went thru at least $60.-$80.00 on Sunday.

At MoVal, we eat and have a beer or two at Portillos, and it's usually around $20 for that. That's cheap for an evening worth of Datsuns and hanging out with friends. About three years ago $20 got you 4 gallons of gas..

Did you guys know that there was an all american car show for free like a mile away from the show? I found it by luck.

I paid 12 buxs for parking for JCCS and 8 buxs to get in... WTH? Then people cant bring in their own food or water into the event? I wasted 45 minutes looking for parking and trying to get it. I swear this even was a big disappoint for me. I was only expecting to waste like 12 buxs. And they ran out of water!!! WTH?!!! I wanted to stay for a while more. But hungry and thirsty, I decided to leave early.

The American show was real nice. Free and lots of parking. How come JCCS cant be like this? Was does JCCS have to be so expensive? I was expecting the American car show to be twice as much in price. But there was food everywhere and water and cool cars. Not only that. But it was public! No gates, no guards, no nothing. It made my crappy day fantastic! Sorry... But I had to rant on this...

Oh for f*** sakes.

Have you EVER put on an event? I have. Several. JUST getting the venue can be $5-10K. Insurance, staff, printing, advertising, permits, security, clean-up... ALL costs money. I spent over $20K putting on the Nissan Nationals in Omaha this year.

Any "free" show is STILL paid for by someone. Usually, it's public funds that will ave to be reverted if they're not spent, and a car show is usually a good community-building project to "waste" extra taxpayer money on.

Interesting that you're the only one that took 45 minutes to find your way in. Perhaps you should stay home (or get a 2nd job) if $20 breaks the piggybank.

• Like 1

Like spocom. Pretty pricy and no t shirt or goodie bag. I guess the high price is to cover all the stripper chicks. :)

Hey... at least you won a cash prize... The strippers at least have straight teeth, lol... jk... but yes... the cash prize was a plus at the Spocom show, but however I enjoy the t-shirt and atmosphere of JCCS... that's why I've been to all 6!

:rolleyes: If you guys like to spend money, go ahead. Don't tell me what I can or cant do with my money or time.

It just an opinion and people get so offended here.... Jesus...

Then people get on a negative spree? Pffff...

As you can see, I also asked questions. I was not attacking people with out knowing all the facts. But I guess people these days...

:rolleyes: If you guys like to spend money, go ahead. Don't tell me what I can or cant do with my money or time.

It just an opinion and people get so offended here.... Jesus...

Then people get on a negative spree? Pffff...

As you can see, I also asked questions. I was not attacking people with out knowing all the facts. But I guess people these days...

No one told you what to do. YOU were the one who got all butthurt because you had to spend a few bucks. YOU were the one questioning why it had to cost money - If you ask a question, expect an answer.

Even my kids know: Eat before you get to the show. BTW, I brought a HUGE cooler of drinks and a shit-ton of food. If you'd have asked, I'd have offered you some of both.

No one told you what to do. YOU were the one who got all butthurt because you had to spend a few bucks. YOU were the one questioning why it had to cost money - If you ask a question, expect an answer.

Even my kids know: Eat before you get to the show. BTW, I brought a HUGE cooler of drinks and a shit-ton of food. If you'd have asked, I'd have offered you some of both.

I also brought a cooler with drinks for my buddies as well! But I didn't plan for the food part however and lost out there =(

Yeah.... My homies had food/drinks. But I felt bad in asking since I came unprepared. And they had like a few hours of sleep. I just came unprepared...

You got me there.

I already got all the food and drinks ready for the BBQ this sunday. I wont let that happen again. My bad...