My new 620

bluemeanie

Well its been awhile. I traded my truck for a 1979 KC. I got to keep my freshly rebuilt engine, so the swap is what I've been working on lately. We set a date and pulled both engine's and had them back in and one running the same day. I'm really happy with the new "room" the KC gives me, and the higher gears in the rear help a bit on the freeway. Here are a couple of pics of the engine bay as of now. Next is some body work to fix the "Crunch" the truck has on the passenger side.

P1020771.jpg

P1020774.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me add to the thumbs up on your speed. It seems like just yesterday you popped in for the first time to see if anyone had a project truck you could get. And you've done more in that time than I would prolly do in two years.

Rock on man.

Kinda lazy today, so I didnt tackle the crunch on the passenger side. Instead I decided to try my talent at painting!

First was the layout

P1020776.jpg

Then I layed out the tape

P1020781.jpg

Took me a while I was lazy

P1020785.jpg

You can see i was so lazy I didnt even pull my pants up for the glamour shot

P1020787.jpg

The finished product turned out cool. Not too noticeable. After the pic it dried more and is closer to the truck color. The main difference is that the old paint is a semi gloss and the new paint is a full gloss.

P1020789.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm happy with how it turned out. I think a red and white one would have been a bit much for me.

That was my thought. I like the look of the Rising Sun, but, DANM is it load. The way yours turned out is perfect.

I might steal it too. :lol:

Jester