My new 620

bluemeanie

[/size]

P1020787.jpg

The finished product turned out cool. Not too noticeable. After the pic it dried more and is closer to the truck color. The main difference is that the old paint is a semi gloss and the new paint is a full gloss.

P1020789.jpg

I wish I had read this yesterday! I like the rising sun idea, however the colors clash with most other color schemes. No offense, but it really only looks good on white, red and maybe black trucks. All others, it kind of stands out... and that's ok, it would be a boring world if it didn't, but it's just a bit much for me. (maybe I'm boring)

If and when I paint my truck, THIS, is the effect I want! Maybe not these colors, but definitely this effect.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Well I know its been a while since I've done much to my little 620, but i've been gathering parts.

Today I decided to take on "the dent"

Just a reminder of what I was starting with.

P1020942.jpg

P1020944-2.jpg

First thing was to pull the bed so I could get to the cab.

That went fairly easy, but made a mess of the garage

P1020956.jpg

This panel is what i'm hoping to squeeze in there if everything works right

P1020947.jpg

This next pic is when I first got the panel off. Sheet metal is still all messed up.

P1020949.jpg

This is after I worked the rear wall back into shape to accept the new panel.

P1020955.jpg

After that my brother helped me to get the new bed on without damaging it. This way I could line all the body lines up when installing the new panel.

P1020958.jpg

And these are the welded panel in place. Things worked out well and i'm off to the store this morning to buy some body filler and a tube of seam sealer. Wish me luck!

P1020959.jpg

P1020960.jpg

Thats a clean repair job. Looks like the replacement panel was an aftermarket panel :D

The replacement panel I have Ledevil and Lynch420 to thank for it. They snagged it with a cordless sawzall when it was Ledevil's truck. Came from the ol black 620 from Portland Auto Wrecking.