My new 620

bluemeanie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the truck has been on the road for a weekend and I had a blast driving it around. Picked up some edis parts and thats next on the list. It dosent look to be all that complicated. I have all the parts except for the module to drive the system. I think i'm going to use mega jolt jr. to make it all work. One question I have is once I get the edis running is it going to be ok to just yank the distributor and make a block off plate or does the shaft from the oil pump need a reason not to work its way out. I forgot if the shaft is shouldered or if its held by the distributor.

Well the dist I have is a old points one, yes it works and is fine, but who can leave good enough alone. I looked at getting a pertronix unit, but for the same price I can get the edis parts and have no moving parts. And the worse it can do if it breaks down is the 10 degree limp home mode. Start ups should be better and overall timming accuracy better, and adjustable. And with the edis you can have multiple spark up to 1100 rpm.

I've got a 1975 datsun pickup and dont expect TT Supra performance, but its kinda cool to trick it out a bit.

Well the truck has been on the road for a weekend and I had a blast driving it around. Picked up some edis parts and thats next on the list. It dosent look to be all that complicated. I have all the parts except for the module to drive the system. I think i'm going to use mega jolt jr. to make it all work. One question I have is once I get the edis running is it going to be ok to just yank the distributor and make a block off plate or does the shaft from the oil pump need a reason not to work its way out. I forgot if the shaft is shouldered or if its held by the distributor.

totally witnessed this when you drove past joshs house!!!!! except, you didnt stop by :(. lol. Hows that KA collection working out for ya? I kinda felt bad just bringin it all over after the look on your face but you seem to be really motivated to build one more than I am. peace.

Yeah my wife and I were on our way to dinner, so I couldnt stop and chat. The ride is much nicer for the passenger in the datsun compared to the Unimog so she dosent mind the ol truck. She acutally thinks its fun to run around in. 2.5 inch exhaust with a blown out muffler just gets ya right there in that part of the ear where its annoying. I got a new exhaust flange gasket put on last night and a new cheapo turbo muffler. Sounds much more respectable now. l'll cruise it over tonight at the get together. Do you think that lynch would mind you swapping out fenders and valance......:lol: See you guys tonight.

totally witnessed this when you drove past joshs house!!!!! except, you didnt stop by :(. lol. Hows that KA collection working out for ya? I kinda felt bad just bringin it all over after the look on your face but you seem to be really motivated to build one more than I am. peace.

My wife took some pics while I was working on the ignition cover. First is of my rear view company.

P1020752.jpg

Next is of me workin gettin stuff going

P1020753.jpg

I also got this put on tonight. I saw it when i was installing new exhaust. Glad I found it before some nasty burnout accident. Before!

P1020756.jpg

P1020757.jpg

After!

P1020755.jpg

Kinda a pain in the butt without a press, but i got the flange off and the bearing to follow

Got a little somthing done today. First I put my "new" throttle cable on from the ol junk yard. Sorry no pics. Then I threw the extra pully that Kiznook gave me on the lathe and turned the dia. down to slide the toothed wheel for the edis.

P1020761.jpg

P1020762.jpg

That on the pully and this stuff, and i'll be runnin distributorless!

P1020765.jpg