Pacific coast Datsun

PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

Robert-go to http://www.resoshow.com for all the info. It's basically a 3 day truck run involving camping out & a HUGE show ! Sux you dont have the plate frames but thanks for checking. Yeah the 1st cut was a bit tough to make but smooth sailing after that.

Tnip- Ill check the yards for a Del sol next time im there. I thought bout welding in a piece of round tubing on the roof & on the cab have a recessed area for it to rest in which would allign it pretty good. My challenge will be to find some weatherstripping wide enough to work.

That stuff may work & it's similar to what i found @ Home depot...thanks.

Well today we have rain & cant get much done today except take a few diff. pix to share. Keep in mind the door frames will be not there icon_popcorn.gif

1017roofofftopview.jpg

1017roofoff.jpg

1017roofoffside.jpg

Love all the work, but I gotta ask....why all the funky fonts and colors in your posts? Sometimes it's damn hard to read. :(

Well after taking the roof off & on about 10 times i got it trimmed enough to sit flush with the existing roof section.....

1017rooflinedup.jpg

Ill trim the edges all nice later once i know it lines up perfect. My wife even decided to yell my name & snap a pic chainsaw.gif sorry i look mad...biggrin.gif

1017mein620topless.jpg

As for the different fonts & colors...just me exploring my options...:D

Jason- the roof came off the truck in the background.....

P1010185.jpg

Pic was taken when i visited Steroid to help him cut a few 620's up...

Beebani [Jason] thanks, i feel confident i can get this done by Dec. Damm i guess i better wire up my heater & hope it works :D

I spent a few hours making templates out of cardboard then tracing them onto metal/cutting & trimming them. They are welded in & ready for body filler which will be done after all the plates are welded in...

1018plateds.jpg

1018plateps.jpg

these are the plates for the rear pillars...the new roof will also have these welded on...

1018platedsr.jpg

wow, convertible 620! you know, i just saw a blue one in person last Saturday up here in san fernando. the top was set up to attach like a tonneau cover for the bed and it had the license plate mounted dead center of the tail gate :eek:

i am always amazed with your projects. also the speed that you get stuff done. takes me 2 weeks to do the smallest thing! the wife doesn't really support my hobbies.

on a side note-they made 4 door 620s?

yep, they made them but never imported them into the states....

Got one of the rear plates tacked in place & both seat belts relocated....pix later. My wife is semi understanding of my hobby/Datsun obsession :sneaky: as long as i dont spedd all day outside im good...LoL

Tnip and I were just discussing how you do all this work, take pictures, and post it all in the same day. Then we also talked about how you push to get stuff done and are a catalyst because you make stuff happen (like making us take pictures). You rock dude!

first of all.. good job bro. looks good. secondly, why would you be worried about a heater? if you guys use heaters out there in socal then you're a bunch of babies.. haha.

it's funny, when i looked at the pic of the roof donor, you said it came from the 620 in the background, i'm like, there's nothing but a trailer back there... didn't realize that blue bed was on a frame, not just a trailer, haha.

mark, just curious, is the back wall of the cab still pretty sturdy?

Woah is that a 620 quad cab in the background of that photo?

Thanks guys. I enjoy working on my trucks & like to share pics of my work. The back cab wall isnt that flimsy but it's gonna get angle iron welded to it so it'l be like a ledge for the roof to sit on.. And As promised heres the pics...icon_popcorn.gif

1018rearplateonps.jpg

1018rearseatbeltDS.jpg

Looks GREAT. I'd like to say "If we had nice weather like that here, I'd get more done too" but it really isn't true :D

Keep up the good work!

don't forget to tack that nut on for the seatbelt. Sure would suck if you forgot and have to take the belt out someday.

Ok busted ass today & got all the roof caps welded on & pretty much dressed....

1022roofcaps.jpg

1022roofcaps2.jpg

1022roofcaps3.jpg

both edges line up ok at this point........

1022roofon.jpg

still need to massage these areas so they sit flush...

1022roofon2.jpg

Why does that look like a kind cab.... I am confused by one of the pictures.[/quote

Queenmary86.jpg

See....nobody believed me when I said he was an alien... (Just messin wid ya Javin...)

i assume you mean it looks like a king cab in this pic

1022roofon.jpg

that's just the vent hole.

wow, its matching up really good. No more sharp metal edges to cut yourself on..