PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

Since the AC was like a dealer installed option, I will bet ya that since that dang compressor is so big, in order to get it to fit in there, they (the dealer) removed the stock pump and put in a 'lectric one....jus guessin here, but, sounds good huh?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok looks like i may go with an electric pump after all. I dont want another cheapo manual one. But...i have 1 trick i may try & see what you guys think. Ok, been working on the passenger side roof & have it 50% done. Still need to make a few more caps, weld-grind & bodywork + weld the A pillars to the front section of the frames & it'll look somewhat complete...

11-15PSroof.jpg

11-15PSroof2.jpg

2eDeYe;28311']So you have to lift the top to close the door? :D

You have a plan I'm sure ;)

Way to put that kid to good use :lol:

I think he just has to have the windows down...

I agree with the kid. If only their little fingers were a tad stronger think of the spaces they could tighten things up in! At least they can fit under a lowerd truck to get stuff:p

Hey Mark,

Now the front door posts (white) are going to be welded to the windshield upright frames, correct? That, at least, is what I was envisioning. Then You could have "bare doors" from any frames and shave the remaining driprails around the windshield uprights. Anyway, looking GOOD!!!!!!

Il probably end up trimming the door frames once all the welding is done. And yess the door frames will be welded to the A pillars. Im doing them in small sections, as i cut the gutter off it weakens the pillar a bit. Once a section gets replaced it's stronger than before :D

11-17Apillar.jpg

11-17Apillar2.jpg

Now that is some good body work... The little inside bit where you have the bolt hole could use a little work, but the outside looks fantastic... looks like it came straight from the factory.

BTW, are those spikes in the bumper of that black and white Dat in the first pic? Looks vicious... reminds me of how Jaguar stopped mounting the cats on the bonnet of some of their cars because pedestrians were being impaled... :eek:

Thanks guys. The bodywork isnt done yet & is taking longer cause of all the tight spots have to be done by hand. Ill have to roll the windows down a bit to open the doors if i leave it the way it is now but im not done yet...:D Pope- to see more 320 spike pics check out the JCCS pic thread..& yes they r sharp just ask my ankles...:rolleyes:

They look pretty awesome... I'd love to have spikes on the front of mine, but somehow I think the Law wouldn't be too keen on it... like I said, Jaguar stopped using hood-ornaments on some cars for a reason... I think it would apply even more to bumper spikes... =P

I believe i have the fuel pump problem fixed. See, the arm had too much side to side play in it so i took a 1/4 inch washer & cut a section out of it so it looks like a C, then i slid it inbetween the metal part of the pump & the plastic piece that the arm rests in & super glued it in. Ran the truck for 10 minutes w/ no stalling at all. When i do finally get the roof looking decent ill take her for a rigourous test drive,remove the pump again & see if the washer has moved. If so ill replace it.