Antisemitism on Ratsun

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone honestly explain the point of these coversations/posts? Because none of you are going to really listen to a difffering opinion, and you certainly aren't going to change anyone's behavior or your own. Not to mention, if you are truly concearned about the Ratsun community, before every post you should think to yourself "How is this going to help Ratsun? How will my words contribute to the archives of Datsun knowledge?" Then step away from your desk and go do/learn something useful you can share.

"Everyone has one, and they usually stink."

boxxy-trolling.jpg

Seriously, though. Did you expect this thread to go anywhere?

Again, sorry you're taking offense so easily, but honestly, nothing said on here is all that bad. Big deal. Show me one post where someone says something TRULY offensive to Jews or gays or blacks. Not a terminology, or a saying, but something along the lines of injuring or severely putting them down...

It's not here. Nobody has anything against you. Grow up.

Something drew me in to this thread and I happened to read all of it. I come from a group of friends who always make fun of each other and from that I have learned you need to be able to laugh at yourself. Even if some random person says something actually offensive don't take it more than skin deep, forgive, and move on.

Oh and as for 67411sss I think you neeed to read some books so you can expand your miniscule adult vocabulary, because your making yourself sound like a, well...... IDIOT!

boxxy-trolling.jpg

Seriously, though. Did you expect this thread to go anywhere?

Again, sorry you're taking offense so easily, but honestly, nothing said on here is all that bad. Big deal. Show me one post where someone says something TRULY offensive to Jews or gays or blacks. Not a terminology, or a saying, but something along the lines of injuring or severely putting them down...

It's not here. Nobody has anything against you. Grow up.

lol @ boxxy

In the words of Rondey KIng "cant we all just get along" I say take it for what it is, a stupid slang word that has been getting tossed around for years. I dont think it was intened to hurt or offend the Jewish comunity...And if you think it was then I am sorry for you lack of a sence of humor and a little bit of levity....so really just let it go take it for what is was and move the HELL on to the reason for this site....DATSUNS.... I have said my peace....

I use the word "jew" in association with money all the time. Just like "guido" and hair jell lol. That makes me antisemitic? I'd argue not.

The word was coined in 1879 from the Greek words "anti", meaning "against" and "Semite", meaning a descendant of Shem.

Words are just words its the person or intent behind them that matters, and here I honestly doubt anyone is using it in a intentionally hurtful way. A bit of fun or ball breaking maybe but so what? Get your panties out of a knot and lighten up, we ALL deal with ball breaking. It's healthy, maybe help stem the tide of pc pussy breeding that's going on lately.

Seems to me that people will type things on the internet that they wouldn't say in person, or at least not around people they don't know. The internet is impersonal at best, I usually just ignore threads like this and assume the haters are just people without a lot of real world experience. I think that sometimes, we just need to step back from the keyboard for a few minutes before we post.

Seems to me that people will type things on the internet that they wouldn't say in person, or at least not around people they don't know. The internet is impersonal at best, I usually just ignore threads like this and assume the haters are just people without a lot of real world experience. I think that sometimes, we just need to step back from the keyboard for a few minutes before we post.

A) i will not only say this on the internet, but IRL too

B) you avoid threads like this? you certainly didnt to this one

Can anyone honestly explain the point of these coversations/posts? Because none of you are going to really listen to a difffering opinion, and you certainly aren't going to change anyone's behavior or your own. Not to mention, if you are truly concearned about the Ratsun community, before every post you should think to yourself "How is this going to help Ratsun? How will my words contribute to the archives of Datsun knowledge?" Then step away from your desk and go do/learn something useful you can share.

"Everyone has one, and they usually stink."

Honestly I try to understand other peoples point of view and to do so sometimes it needs to be brought to light. If someone has a complaint or problem in a community (online as it may be) they should be able to bring it forward, at the risk of being flamed lol.

How does it help? I doubt it does but MAYBE another person or people an read it and understand how shit works and that no one is really trying to personally offend anyone and save the time trouble and space of posting the same bs again. Plus it alleviates tension and gives people taking a break from working on their z something to do lol. It's all good.....

Nice thread...

You guys wanting to talk shit, take it to PM's

As far as anti-semitism - grow some thicker skin and realize that not everything said by some random person on the internet is not a personal attack against everything you stand for. (sorry for the run-on sentence)

The internet is not for unsupervised 13 year olds. Don't expect other people to raise your children.

You wouldn't let your child sit in the bar Sat night, while you had a beer would you?

and FYI, you other guys calling each other idiots sound like you'd like to get thrown out of the bar...

"Jap" is also a deragatory comment to the Japanese. I'm half Japanese, so does that mean I should take offense at how many times "Jap" is used on this board?

I did a quick search, and there are five pages of threads that use "Jap" and no one has complained (that I know of).

I know for a fact that we don't tolerate racisim or bigotry on here, so I know that "Jew" or "Jap" is not to be taken in any offense :rolleyes:

Growing up hispanic and italian etc and looking like a white kid . I have heard a lot of negative talk about this race or that! hell i have gypsy ancestors I even have spanish jewish ancestors. but from all the crap i have learned that words don't give people power! people give people power! If you look at it as an offensive word you just gave that person power over you. he or she took what ever mood you are in and put you in to defensive mode . Now you just gave that person the reaction he or she wanted !Now you are playing there game.

A word is just a word dont give it power and it will stay just a word!

I appreciate you standing up for what you believe in. And i will try not to offend you. I under stand that you are just pointing it out to those who do it But i dont think they relies they are doing it. And are either to dumb or macho to stop.

hell i have a gay friend . and when ever something bad happened i used to say that's gay till he told me it bothered him .Then i told him not to get but hurt ! so now i try not to use gay in the nugatory sens around him any more but some times i forget. But i dont think it bothers him because he knows i try not to say it negatively .

I miss this being just a car forum :(

"Jap" is also a deragatory comment to the Japanese. I'm half Japanese, so does that mean I should take offense at how many times "Jap" is used on this board?

I did a quick search, and there are five pages of threads that use "Jap" and no one has complained (that I know of).

I know for a fact that we don't tolerate racisim or bigotry on here, so I know that "Jew" or "Jap" is not to be taken in any offense :rolleyes:

My gf says the same, she doesn't like when I use it. To me though its just a 1 syllable way of saying Japanese, a derogatory meaning isn't even in the back of mind.

Because it's a stupid, ignorant saying? Whether you think so or not, people are shaped by what they hear (read). If you don't think so, you're more ignorant than you know.

as an adult you let other peoples words shape you? sad

Homer - " Children are great, you can teach them to hate the things you hate, and with the internet they practically raise themselves"

Edited by nismo dr