Antisemitism on Ratsun

My gf says the same, she doesn't like when I use it. To me though its just a 1 syllable way of saying Japanese, a derogatory meaning isn't even in the back of mind.

I agree, she's thinking of Jap used in a societal sense, not an automotive one. ;)

I think we have to take today's standards into account. Take gay for instance, today it means homosexual, but in the past it meant being happy.

At the end of the Flintstones song, they say "we'll have a gay old time". What if in today's society someone said hey guys, let's have a gay time, people would think you wanted to get freaky!

The Christmas song Deck the halls says "down we now our gay apparel, fa-la-la...". Today if someone said let's get down with some gay apparel, you'd think they'd be up to some freakyness.

Although it is wrong, people misuse terms to describe something they don't like.

So I think mis-using the term Gay or Jew is much worse than Jap, just because the way it is being replaced for the word(s) they should be using.

Edited by hughdogz
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been driving Datsuns for close to 20 years and have been an avid member of the Datsun community. I enjoy being part of this forum & I'm looking forward to working on my PL510 with my 13 year old son when it arrives home at the end of October (Currently having a new motor dropped in).

Recently, on Ratsun there have been posts eluding to

Been driving Datsuns for close to 20 years and have been an avid member of the Datsun community. I enjoy being part of this forum & I'm looking forward to working on my PL510 with my 13 year old son when it arrives home at the end of October (Currently having a new motor dropped in).

Recently, on Ratsun there have been posts eluding to

someone needs to post a pic of a rising sun fatty!! :P :D :love: :drool: :w00t: :blush:

hey you cant say fatty!!!! Im three hundred pounds you fucking asshole!!!!!!! Im gonna go eat at golden corrall and slit my wrists because of you you bastard!!!!!!! Wheres your fucKing manners!!!!!!???????????????????

been driving datsuns for close to 20 years and have been an avid member of the datsun community. I enjoy being part of this forum & i'm looking forward to working on my pl510 with my 13 year old son when it arrives home at the end of october (currently having a new motor dropped in).

Recently, on ratsun there have been posts eluding to

I would now like to mention my Native American heritage and let you all know that my feelings get hurt every time I hear or see the word "engine".

Please cease using that hateful sounding word and instead use 'power-plant' or 'mill'.

(You can use 'motor' if you like though technically a motor is an electrical device and the use of that word in an incorrect fashion might offend electricians, appliance repair men, sex toy assembly line workers and Mot

Wow, what happened last night?

Jews today, as in the past have been known (and admired) for their shrewd business practices and money handling. To be Jewed down means you got the worst end of a deal. It's up to everyone to keep their eyes open in any business or money dealings. What about the term Yankee? Look up the origin of this term and you will find it comes from turn of the eighteenth century Boston merchant traders renowned for their shrewdness and independence. With the exception of maybe southerners, most Americans aren't particularly offended by being called a 'Yank'.

Jews are and have been persecuted terribly in the past and seem to get overly upset over perceived 'antisemitic' remarks. No one likes a whiner. Datsun65 be proud of who you are, your culture and traditions. Perhaps you were brought up to embrace an anti-antisemitism. You do your clan no good by running around crying 'the sky is falling'. No one was attacking your Judaism religion by calling someone a Jew banker or being Jewed down or having a Jew eye. At worst this is promoting a stereotype.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Wow, what happened last night?

Jews today, as in the past have been known (and admired) for their shrewd business practices and money handling. To be Jewed down means you got the worst end of a deal. It's up to everyone to keep their eyes open in any business or money dealings. What about the term Yankee? Look up the origin of this term and you will find it comes from turn of the eighteenth century Boston merchant traders renowned for their shrewdness and independence. With the exception of maybe southerners, most Americans aren't particularly offended by being called a 'Yank'.

Jews are and have been persecuted terribly in the past and seem to get overly upset over perceived 'antisemitic' remarks. No one likes a whiner. Datsun65 be proud of who you are, your culture and traditions. Perhaps you were brought up to embrace an anti-antisemitism. You do your clan no good by running around crying 'the sky is falling'. No one was attacking your Judaism religion by calling someone a Jew banker or being Jewed down or having a Jew eye. At worst this is promoting a stereotype.

you canuck LMAO :lol: :P

LOL it appears you are the one that doesnt contribute SHIT! all your threads are about ads on craigslist, or you wanting to sell/trade your cars for something else

I try and help where i can, i am by no means an "expert" but i also don't rip on people just to make me feel superior. I see the same people writing smart arse comments time after time, most of the posts offer no useful info at all. I feel the need to call out certain people on their bullshit and i am entitled to do that, if you have a problem with it? TOUGH SHIT!!

Something drew me in to this thread and I happened to read all of it. I come from a group of friends who always make fun of each other and from that I have learned you need to be able to laugh at yourself. Even if some random person says something actually offensive don't take it more than skin deep, forgive, and move on.

Oh and as for 67411sss I think you neeed to read some books so you can expand your miniscule adult vocabulary, because your making yourself sound like a, well...... IDIOT!

Actually, i do read books and i don't understand how i sound like an idiot.Calling someone out makes me an idiot? Maybe i am!

I think i am well spoken! Do you need big adult words to get a point across? I consider myself pretty down to earth and undramatic, but some of you need called out on your shit and that is now my new job.