Sadness at my house...tried to do some work on the dime...didnt work

Today at 4:30 I took my dog...after her big chicken dinner.....to the vet and put her down. The doc said she was a bigger dog so she had to administer a tranq shot first. She gave her the shot and told me about five minutes to kick in and that I could take her outside and let her walk around fo a bit before it kicked in. Well....sadly enough it kicked in in a minute....my buddy gave out a look like what the hell is happening and collapsed on the floor..her head rested on my foot. I rubbed her head and had my wife go get the vet for the final shot. I cried like a little girl and the vet came in. I rubbed my dogs head as the administered the final shot and she was gone. We placed a flower on her and I cried my ass off. I came home and for some reason looked for her.....expecting to see her at the rear slider wagin her stubb like usuall. I walked outside and looked at her kennel, picked up her food bowl and set it on the table...........shes gone :(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never easy loosing a good dog. I had to put down my childhood dog last year. Got her during World Cup in 1994 at Duncan's Pet Shop. Called the boss blubbering and came in to work three hours late after meeting mom down at the vets. She went really peacefully with the shot, which was good, but still really hard. I'm getting choked up even remembering it right now. We had a gravestone made for her too, and mom keeps a bucket of racquetballs down by it, which was her favorite toy.

She was the first real family dog we had, and I spent the bulk of my time with her. I'm lucky Molly is young enough she'll probably be around for another 10 years. I know how you feel, sorry to hear it. Just remember she's in a better place now.

.................... man im so sry, its somethig every man will have to go though in his life, me being 17 and never had go though this, just dreding the day i will have to go though it, i dont know your dog but im sure it was a great dog and lived a great life , it sucks man it realy does, i feel ur pain. when i read your story it brought tears to my eyes and my gf's, once agin im very sad and it sucks it happended but dont reamber your dog torded the end of his life, reamber him as the great energetic puppy....................:*(

Even tho I have a yappy kick-me-if-i-bark dog, I wish I never have to go through that. I've already gone through it 4 times, but none were my own. Maybe she'll get out and run away before that happens.

I feel your pain :(

Thanks for your support guys....whats sad is I wanted to take her in my Datto when it was done....thats why I was all for the four door dime

Same reason why I chose the 'goon! Not looking forward to the day I would have to do the same.

No loyalty even comes close to a dog's loyalty.

That sucks. I truely know how you feel. My wife and I had to put our Rott down a few years ago. She was the first thing we bought when we got back from our honeymoon. She fought hip displacia (sp) her hole life. When we found out she had cancer in her rear leg, we descided to put her down. Didn't think it was fair to make her suffer for our enjoyment. Damn that was tuff.

i miss my pup. She was 16 when we put her down, it was hard because she wasn't sick and she was happy but you could tell she was in pain from her joints even though she was on JointMax to help. Probably the best dog i will ever have.

100_0531.jpg