Do you race R/C?

I wonder if you guys have or had any R/C car? nitro or battery powered?

I just found this one and want it sooo bad....the only thing is that I dont like battery cars....I love the sound and the smell of nitro.

R/C Datsun

The one I have is a Thunder Tiger V-spec Buggy 1/8 0.21cc.......love it, 90Km/h.:cool:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always had them but never got into racing. I have a few still sitting arround.

Here's my custom built big block T-Maxx (FLM kit).

SS850142a.jpg

IMG_0028a.jpg

PICT1522a.jpg

My Old school RC10 with alot of aftermarket, including titanium turnbuckles.

IM001970a.jpg

I have a Nitro RS4-3SS (can't find pics).

i have a lighting 1/8 stadium truggy. and a mugen 1/8 that I am gonna make brushless one of theses days...

DSCN5529.jpg

Thats a very clean body.

I've always had them but never got into racing. I have a few still sitting arround.

Here's my custom built big block T-Maxx (FLM kit).

SS850142a.jpg

IMG_0028a.jpg

PICT1522a.jpg

My Old school RC10 with alot of aftermarket, including titanium turnbuckles.

IM001970a.jpg

I have a Nitro RS4-3SS (can't find pics).

what a nice aluminum work you have there...and the classic RC10, I have one here also but disassembled.

Iv got an RC R35 GTR, not as big and cool as thos, but its fun to play with in the garage :P

altho I have more fun racing real cars ;) :lol:

i agree with you, but the sound, smell RPM's are incomparable!

Here's a few old one I also have laying around.

Old Bolink Pan car.

3962820016_large.jpg

Nitro RS4-3SS (G35 body), and my old RS4 for display only.

3962820035_large.jpg

Does that Bolink have a 2 speed tranny?

i have a tmaxx that i put a 2.5r on it goes good i never got into racing them though i need to get my easy start hooked up :P

I also have to repair my home made starter box.

i have an assosiated t-2 ..i havent touched it in probably 5 years batts went bad and i never got new ones....i also have a never been started gas motor i got for xmas one year

Maybe thats the same amount of time that mine has been sitting around, gotta get some batteries again.

Very very nice RC's.....I expected fewer of you with this kind of toys.

I bought and built a cup racer last month. Already had a T-Maxx and bash the hell out of it. After the cost of the chassis ($209), a servo for steering ($20), Novak GTB/SS brushless motor and speed control ($259) and Spektrum 2.4gHz transmitter/reciever ($129)....the lil mini cost me more than a brand new ready to run ..well anything. Now add the costs of batteries, body paint, misc tools... Oh yea... you can go cheap on batts and get NiCDs but they dont last long and NiMH are $50 - 60 for a good size and LiPO's are $130...

dont forget youll need to solder you own battery connections on...youll need solder, a solder iron, the connector, and 2 more hands.

Basically it was fun to build and look at, even to roast the slicks they send with it...but it was not fun to pay for.

Ill probly end up tradin it or sellin it real soon. I could get a brand new revo 3.3 and parts for what I paid for the cup racer.

Ill likely end up keeping the Tx/Rx and get a Traxxas Slayer 3.3 or T-Maxx 3.3. Oddly enough, the Slayer is a revo chassis but $120 less...at my LHS.

Edited by Hyphy

Wow i get on here for the first time in a couple of weeks and you guys are talking about my second favorite hobby...rc racing. been racing aon and off road electric tenth scale stuff for 15+ years. I runn all losi cars and trucks off road and associated onroad stuff. raced some gas was fun but hated the constant tuning of them inorder to be competitive. i reccomend all noobs to rc start electric or you'll be frustrated and pprobably quit. i will post some pics later of my brood. I got about 12 cars i race ....

• 7 months later...

see that i used the search .....and wa la.....anyway i won a 510 cup racer off ebay ,got it for 125.00 with everything to play....well after a few runs its pretty quick fun toy.....the car was only run about 5 times and on carpet,was in great shape

Photo-0085.jpg

Photo-0087.jpg

Photo-0082.jpg

Oh noes....

I got an AX-10 to waste time with. It's pretty damn fun.

When I first got it.

DSCN4789.jpg

After a body respray.

DSCN4965.jpg

Got a track in my backyard and I figured out what to do with all the old bricks from my front patio. :D

Picture041.jpg

backbrick.jpg

Of course that led to breaking parts, had to buy steel drivshafts for it..

The stock body is pretty trashed now. I need to get another one to get me through until I can get my Jeep body finished. Real cars take precedence over the toy ones.

Picture013.jpg

Picture042-1.jpg

i used to race pan cars in the 90's, but now it's more a hobby with my son. so here we have my car and my sons truck

HPI E-firestorm 10T FLUX

DSC04702.jpg

DSC04704.jpg

and my HPI cupracer/drifter Datsun 510,ofcourse

DSC04689.jpg

DSC04690.jpg

DSC04693.jpg

DSC04696.jpg

DSC04697.jpg

DSC04698.jpg

DSC04699.jpg

and a small video i made, kinda sucks, but oh well,lol