What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put a brake master cylinder on my 72 510 did some bleeding and got some brake pedal. Dropped off my Holley carb to get rebuilt that way I can then move the Cuda out and move the 510's out to finish the brake work. Then plan to drop in a motor into the 72 510 in a month and get it back up and running. That way I will have two of my sedans up and driving.

It is a very basic wiring kit. The only figuring out part are the switches for the lights and turn signals. But, you can go with either a GM switch for the lights and the turn signals are easy to figure out once you think about it. 

Will take some pics of what I have done and when I figure out the switches. 

Finally got Art cleaned up, cleaned the engine bay to. Clean enough to eat off of.   Also got my SSS badge put on purple.  Put it where the stock 510 badge normally goes. Aparently the stock color under there is the baby shit tan...just majorly faded on the hood, so i should be able to strip the paint off the rest of the car and have a major patina look before she goes into primer. 

null_zps39956ff2.jpg

null_zpsb35f3a1d.jpg

null_zps50850819.jpg

null_zps6184a169.jpg

Blues engine bay all cleaned up.

null_zps36436289.jpg

null_zpsbb36fe48.jpg

null_zpsd36c2b71.jpg

Got my new cap installed and decided on what to do with my wheels (Roadster wheels painted 'graphite', 620 caps and smaller stainless trim rings). When and if I ever find a 4th wheel, I'll get the powder coated as close as possible to the color I have now.

20131012_150108_zps6d4243f9.jpg

20131012_140857_zps46e908f2.jpg

• Like 1

pulled the motor so i can throw in a new clutch. while its out i am going to paint the engine bay, clean up some wiring, paint the block, redo a bunch of gaskets and fab a steering box brace. hardest part will be cleaning the old grime out of the engine bay. its inside and i cant take it out to use the hose. i did use degreaser and a hose before i pulled it in but its still nasty. lots of rags and lots of elbow grease!

20131011_095213_zps9d6d18a0.jpg

20131011_122341_zps0dfeeee5.jpg