my daily driver project soon to be show truck

How does my work look , I am not a bodyman lol  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How does my work look , I am not a bodyman lol

• looks great beings your no bodyman
    • Looks like doo doo take it to a body shop

Well I want a chrome grill real bad and some day I will have one . Until then I have the next bet thing :lol: . I call it my chromie homie , because I chromed it at home :D

before

2hxq9oi.jpg

and after

mal9pz.jpg

well what ya think ?

Edited by slam_dat_sun
added to post
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its alright, hard to tell with your shit cellphone man. :fu:

Have seen a few 620s on the local CL with painted grilles like that, they aren't too bad.

Well maybe I took the picture with my shitty cell phone so you couldn't see how shitty it really looks .... :fu: :fu: :fu: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You guys want Slam to put up pictures, so he does one with his cell phone and you guys slam him (no pun intended):lol: for shitty "cell phone pictures"!:fu:

Being unemployed, we use what we have, some call it "The Ratsun Way". So get over it and appreciate what Slam can provide.

Next time I get over to your house Slam I will bring my camera and we will take some pictures.

You guys want Slam to put up pictures, so he does one with his cell phone and you guys slam him (no pun intended):lol: for shitty "cell phone pictures"!:fu:

Being unemployed, we use what we have, some call it "The Ratsun Way". So get over it and appreciate what Slam can provide.

Next time I get over to your house Slam I will bring my camera and we will take some pictures.

Charlie it is all good we have a super nice camera , I just dont always have it handy . When I am working on my truck my hands are dirty and I dont want to handle our camera . I will get some real good pics up soon I promise :lol:

Lookin good Slam, man, your body looks good and straight. Can't wait to see some paint on that thing. I've been keeping up with your thread, but I can't remember if you've talked about paint colors? Any ideas? Oh yeah, I'm to lazy to read back thru the thread to see.

Well I do have my paint colors picked out but I am trying to keep it to myself :lol:

I just went out side in the dark and snapped some pics for yall with our camera

52xwg7.jpg

Hope this is good enough :fu: :lol:

wow that grill looks sweet.....is it a chrome one or did you paint it...if its painted i need the paint cause it looks great....if its a chrome one its ugly so just send it to me and ill take care of it for ya:lol: any way truck is really comming to gether keep it up....im hunting for a project so i got something to tinker with....

wow that grill looks sweet.....is it a chrome one or did you paint it...if its painted i need the paint cause it looks great....if its a chrome one its ugly so just send it to me and ill take care of it for ya:lol: any way truck is really comming to gether keep it up....im hunting for a project so i got something to tinker with....

Yeah it is painted the brand is called brite touch , here is the link to it

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/gpartsinc/items/item.aspx?itemid=554354

The only way to make it pop like mine is to .

step 1: clean the surface real good and let dry

step 2: shoot a nice smooth coat of primer on it and let dry , take you time so it doesn't run . If it does run sand it out .

step 3: paint it gloss black , I did 5 coats let dry in between coats and let totally dry before chroming .

step 4: very lightly mist on a coat of chrome paint , lightly mist as many coats as you want until you are happy . again letting it dry between coats .

step 5: after the chrome paint is cured out completely shoot it with clear coat . This whole process is done with rattle can , take your time do not rush none of these steps for the best results . Good luck with it and when you do it please post a picture of the finished product in my thread .

Edited by slam_dat_sun
removed a smiley
right on i just scored a bunch of grills so ill get started.....and dont worry i only have time and never rush.......:D :cool: :D

Well when you get one done and installed in your king cab snap a pic and post it here on my thread . I promise I will not call you a thread jacker :fu: :lol: