my daily driver project soon to be show truck

How does my work look , I am not a bodyman lol  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How does my work look , I am not a bodyman lol

• looks great beings your no bodyman
    • Looks like doo doo take it to a body shop

Hi I have a 1974 datsun 620, it is a factory automatic and dealer add on air conditioning . It is kinda rough but it only shows 60,000 mile , could be actual miles. I gave a 15 year old kid $650 for it , and he got it from his granddad so its pretty much a one owner pickup. However it was a wiring nightmare, it looked like a bird nest under the hood . the great part about that is it went straight to the shop , I was going to half ass it just to get to drive it but i didn't. Well ok I did , I put it in the shop they did what i told them to just so I could drive it down the road and back to the shop. the first trip to the shop cost me $340. When i took it back the 2nd time I told them make it 100% road worthy. I didn't realize that would cost $755 more , but who cares it is my lil datsun . My wife was upset about it but she knows what it means to me and she is supportive about it. After all I only sold a perfectly good 2002 ford ranger to buy it :eek: , so I upgraded don't ya think :lol: . Well needless to say my 620 run like a brand new one , my wife's face lit up when she heard me fire it up. Ok so here are the mods i am going to do to it old school slam it for now , fully bag it later , body drop it , shave everything , put a full fiberglass camper shell on it , make it a walk through , 18" center line smoothies , suicide doors and a whole lot more little things . Thanks to all for reading my threadz Daniel ps: thank you dat620 for your help;)

img00987.jpg

img00986s.jpg

img00991.jpg

img00990.jpg

img00984.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3930/img00983.jpg:D

Edited by slam_dat_sun
add pictures
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if i wana do a turbo. i want to ride low and slow but i may turbo it i dont know to much about turbos on little trucks i got twin turbos on my peterbilt;)

Not sure? Dude, nobody would expect it. Being able to creep along and then blow the doors off of other cars when they wanna act up would be awesome.

And oh yeah, welcome to Ratsun!

Not sure? Dude, nobody would expect it. Being able to creep along and then blow the doors off of other cars when they wanna act up would be awesome.

And oh yeah, welcome to Ratsun!

how much money would a turbo cost? And thanks for the welcome.

Edited by slam_dat_sun

a ford ...looks to be mid 30's and a 4dr jag then a totally cool tail draggin chevy in the way background. now thats what i am talking about....ps your wifes a hottie watch her closely, theres some swoopers in here with there bad ass datsuns....j/k welcome to the ratsun .....i parked my chevys to drive my datsun .....

I got to say that your wifes smile is more then priceless.

sounds like shes a good woman and understands your needs and wants.

when you get ready to do the 620 project, remember to start a project thread. you've come to the right place to get good info.

620 project :thumbup:

wifes smile :w00t: :thumbsup: :D

a ford ...looks to be mid 30's and a 4dr jag then a totally cool tail draggin chevy in the way background. now thats what i am talking about....ps your wifes a hottie watch her closely, theres some swoopers in here with there bad ass datsuns....j/k welcome to the ratsun .....i parked my chevys to drive my datsun .....

the fords a 41 the jag has a lt1 the chevy in the far back ground is a donor truck me and a friend took the motor built it to 750 hp and put it and all the running gear in a 50 ford truck its a bad ass and thanks i agree my wifes a hottie haha:lol:

Good platform to start your build. If you are going to do all that work, you should upgrade engine to a KA24e.. Welcome to the site again.

Larry

yeah i will see later on about a different engine later gotta drive it every day for now and thanks for the welcome

I got to say that your wifes smile is more then priceless.

sounds like shes a good woman and understands your needs and wants.

when you get ready to do the 620 project, remember to start a project thread. you've come to the right place to get good info.

620 project :thumbup:

wifes smile :w00t: :thumbsup: :D

well the project has started , I put it in the shop and spent $1500 in one shot lol . And yes my wife is wonderful thanks

I'd say it's a 41. Nice looking truck, is it yours? (op)

Welcome to ratsun! Have fun baggin' it! :D

well thanks for the welcome , the 41 might as well be mine cause the guy that owns it will not sell it to no 1 but me cause ive done a lot of work on his 32 chopped and channeled ford

• 1 month later...

Okay guy and gals I have posted a lot of threads about my wiring problems and I am sorry for so many threads hahaa . But i can now say that I found some body that knows what the hell they are doing , with that said my factory wiring harness looks like it just came from the factory electrical perfect . So now i want to thank every body for your input on the issue , okay i got to go cruising lmfao is a great day to cruise your datsun to the store oh yeah it cost me $125 what a deal

Edited by slam_dat_sun