my daily driver project soon to be show truck

How does my work look , I am not a bodyman lol  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How does my work look , I am not a bodyman lol

• looks great beings your no bodyman
    • Looks like doo doo take it to a body shop

I will start a build thread as soon as all the parts get here. I have still got to pick up the 2x3 for the frame. I just remembered that one of the guys in my car club has a contact with a water jet that cuts parts for them all the time. So no az rails 2x3 tubing and custom cut notches, 4 link tabs, etc.. Still will be the same basic look, with the exception the section behind the axle will lay on the ground too. That will be where the gas tank and compressors will go. Then well fire up the tubing bender and see what we get. I got the turbo in last week. Bolted the header up, and no go. Turbo hits the master cylinder. I think I can work around that though.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey homer, you really need to shave the rest of them bed hooks! :D

Your builds coming along great, really looking forward to seeing how it turns out for you, I will most likely be starting on mine this weekend! :)

Well what I am doing is shaving 1 hook per month :lol:

You know slam you better be carefull dressing like that in public, some old dude might think your cute enough to get him some of!!!:eek::D

Haha it is funny you say that we won the costume contest and one of the judges was a older gentlemen that said I remind him of his ex wife :lol:

So I was wanting to do suicide doors but they have been done on a few 620s . I am not saying that doing suicide doors is easy just saying it has been done . Then I started thinking of vertical doors due to the fact that I have yet to see a 620 with vertical doors but this process is way to easy . But then I started thinking lambo doors are so used up that Lamborghini does not even use this method no more . Then I started thinking about gull wing doors and yeah that would be cool as hell , but when you see the linear actuator would look real tacky hanging out in the open . So I have engineered a door setup that is going to be a show stopper . I have it in my head and on paper and it is a real simple setup . I am not going to spill the beans on this part of the project . If yall want to yall can guess at what I am doing for the fun of it , But I honestly don't think yall will guess it . :lol:

Edited by slam_dat_sun
added to post
So I was wanting to do suicide doors but they have been done on a few 620s . I am not saying that doing suicide doors is easy just saying it has been done . Then I started thinking of vertical doors due to the fact that I have yet to see a 620 with vertical doors but this process is way to easy . But then I started thinking lambo doors are so used up that Lamborghini does not even use this method no more . Then I started thinking about gull wing doors and yeah that would be cool as hell , but when you see the linear actuator would look real tacky hanging out in the open . So I have engineered a door setup that is going to be a show stopper . I have it in my head and on paper and it is a real simple setup . I am not going to spill the beans on this part of the project . If yall want to yall can guess at what I am doing for the fun of it , But I honestly don't think yall will guess it . :lol:

weld'em shut and punch the windows and go dukes of hazzard?!

:)

Wow I got some hatters , oh well I do not have to worry about some psycho bashing my non body filled non rusted 620 .

i dont worry about my wife beeting the hell outta the datsunstien monster cause its is rusty as hell and beat to hell anyways but she does replace everything she damages. as far as psycho goes have you looked at yourself in your avitar? on another note about body filled non rusted 620's i dont have to worry about that either cause my wife bought me a pristene 79 king cab that she will not beat on and has no body filler what so ever and only one rusty spot thats gunna get cut and a patch panel made that is about the size of a 50 cent piece. so she can beat on my old blue king cab and my junker that she bought as much as she wants:fu:. and not hateing not at all but whats good for the goose is good for the gander.:lol:

and you have been the one giving her hell on everything she post and yet you say your wife is so beautifull and supports your datsun hobby but yet she isnt a member on the forum and there isnt a picture of her on here..... just saying you need to point ya finger at yourself bfore ya point it at others