'68 521 Free on 1 condition

It's really rare to actually find a '68 521 that is titled as a '68. The only '68's I've seen were titled as '69's. That made this rig unique enough that I wanted to fix it up for my daughter. But, we got a killer deal on another rig for her and I want the space. I've thought about keeping it for myself as a project, but seriously, it will be years before I could get to it. I'm enjoying time in my shop more than on cars anyway.

This rig is right on the edge. It's definitely a project, but it's in fair shape.

I'm set for parts...so I don't need anything else on here. I think I have the wiring harness and the headlight buckets in a box around here. They'll go with it. It should be pretty complete, except for the motor. It had an L18 in it....that went to phlegmaster......I don't have anything at the moment that I'm willing to put in it.

Here's the condition. The title must be transferred into your name before it goes anywhere. It seems I have a knack for getting the short end on promises to transfer titles. Ended up getting screwed on a Taurus years ago....got stuck with a huge tow bill from that SOB. There's been a couple other close calls. After getting the short end on the last 510 I sold....I swore there's no way a rig is leaving here with my name on the title. I'll scrap it first.

If you're local and in Oregon....it will be pretty easy. If you're local and in WA....a bit harder. If you're not local, I'm not shipping/towing/parting. If it doesn't find a new home.....it will be available for parts.........at the local Upullit.

This may sound harsh, but the only guys that will think that are the flakes that I don't want to deal with anyway. The upstanding guys won't have a problem with it.....question is, will I find one that needs/wants this thing. :)

Anyway......here's some pics.

100_2886.jpg

100_2887.jpg

100_2888.jpg

100_2889.jpg

100_2890.jpg

100_2891.jpg

100_2892.jpg

100_2893.jpg

100_2894.jpg

100_2895.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2898.jpg

100_2899.jpg

100_2900.jpg

100_2901.jpg

100_2903.jpg

100_2904.jpg

100_2905.jpg

The second bed doesn't go with it. I will pull the rear reflectors off and sell those before it goes to the s/y.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an L series 4 spd. If guys didn't catch the reference earlier.....this rig had been converted to an L series already. A lot of guys shy away from the pre-70's because they have the J series in them.

I've also decided to sell the bed on top for $50. I paid $100 for it and drove to Bend to get it. If the new owner of the truck wants it, he gets first dibs so I don't have to mess with moving it. If he doesn't, it will go to the next in line to set up a pick up and $'s :)

Hi Mike,

Great project truck, hope it goes to someone that will do it justice.

Mike I was wondering if you would know where I might find one or a pair of the little reflectors that are on the back bottom of bed?

I am missing 1 on my 66 and the one I have is really dry & brittle from the sun.

Thank you,

Charlie

slo...pm'd :) ....and of course you qualify.........on 1 condition! :)

Charlie.....they are extremely rare with a capital "E". You almost never see them on a '68-69 rig to begin with...gone from damage or theft. I've maybe ever seen one set offered in the last 6yrs or so. I could pull them and get $50-100 without any trouble on ebay, I'm sure. In fact, I was going to pull them and sell them even if I fixed the rig up. I didn't want to worry about them coming up missing.....so I was going to french some exh pipe a short ways and put in some small big rig marker lights or reflectors. You may go to a big rig supply ....try 6 states trucking online(google them)....they probably have something close.

Edited by mklotz70

I'll get back to this thread tomorrow evening. A friend that I have a great deal of respect for and trust, wants it, but needs to make sure his tow guy can come get it. He promised an answer by tomorrow afternoon. He has plans for it that are way out of my league and well within his capabilities.......so I've got my fingers crossed he gets it :)

I'll let everyone know tomorrow after work.

It's on the side of the house, behind the NL.

Just need to sell the bed now!! $50 :) Truck will be gone tomorrow afternoon. That's the last inop vehicle on the property!! I've had at least one here for about the last 12 years!!!

Found the bumper and the grill for it tucked away. Geez...in the truck realm, that's a show quality bumper :)

Looks a lot different without the "REDNECK CANOPY"! :) We haven't see it without it for several years now. I think I'll put up another thread for the bed.

100_2939.jpg

100_2940.jpg

100_2941.jpg

This will make a great project. Love the padded dash and door panels and the overhead controls! You are a datsen saint Mike.

I love the lights on that bumper!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.