Project "Bagged-in-a-week"

Llittle_Llama

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bought 2 sets of wheels in the last week, I wanted something smaller so I got a set of 17 inch escalade wheels, but decided not to run them as I was more wanting 16's, then tonight I found a set of chrome (yuck!) H3 wheels for 150 on CL, they are dealer take-offs with no miles on them. $125 and they were mine ;) what is a good size low profile tire to run on 16's? On 18's I know my stuff, but not so much on these. I have 225 35 18's on the titans and like that size, so what do you suggest?

what is a good size low profile tire to run on 16's? On 18's I know my stuff, but not so much on these. I have 225 35 18's on the titans and like that size, so what do you suggest?

I was running 215/45/17's on my '08 Yukon rims...here they are for your consideration.

I would say that the aspect ratio (sidewall height) that you want to go with will end up depending a lot on just how low your truck is. I hope this helps you a little.:D

P7280004.jpg

Try this out to experiment with your tire sizes. Very valuable little tool for this sort of thing...and you don't have to do any math...:blink:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Thanks for that, have not seen that thing in FOREVER!!! Ordered my tires, hankook HRII's 215 40 16 :) should be here in a few days :D

Ban! :D

let him at least finish the project, this is got to be one loooonnnng week so your safe for awhile dwnshfter. :D

then hit him with the BAN hammer.

JK dwnshfter

keep it going dude... :thumbup:

I read about the first 5 pages of this thread.

This dwnshift guy seems like a total Douchebag

ok?

No, it's not OK. Action has been taken...

FEAR

78-1.jpg

THE BAN HAMMER!

Sorry I missed this but have to laugh it off.... dwnshfter, does this mean we have to change your member status to 'Total Douchebag' :D

Ban! :D

Bleach, as always, your economy with words is as parsimonious and compendious as mine is loquacious.

Edited by datzenmike
No, it's not OK. Action has been taken...

FEAR

78-1.jpg

THE BAN HAMMER!

Sorry I missed this but have to laugh it off.... dwnshfter, does this mean we have to change your member status to 'Total Douchebag' :D

Bleach, as always, your economy with words is as parsimonious and compendious as mine is loquacious.

Total douchebag works for me, lol